01-02 owners! I just got a airbag recall letter.

philtomphilpott

Reaction score
i just recieved a airbag recall letter. apparently everyone with a 01-02 honda accord WITH THE FACTORY INSTALLED airbags has a defect where the airbag can bring too much pressure and metal shards can rip thru the airbag and end up being fatal. Be careful my homies im going down to honda thurs so they can install new ones. then im probably gonna rip them out that same day lol and install a new steering wheel lol

Bond4387

Reaction score
I got the same letter. It's official from Honda. I'm gonna call a dealership and see if they'll schedule an appointment, they say its free of charge, via the letter.

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
I also received the letter. This would would most likely explain why my airbags didn't even go off when I knocked over a light pole, but then again the possibility of not even having airbags is also a valid explanation.

Never the less, looking forward to finding out when I take it to the dealer for this recall.

Mikey

Reaction score
My buddy at Honda told me that it's only specific ones and that not everyone will get the letter. He also didnt say if you needed the letter to have it looked at or replaced. I havent gotten one, yet, but I still might swing by there on my next day off and see what they tell me.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
if you call the number on the letter can't they tell you if your car is specifically effected, or are they just throwing these at everyone in hopes of mass replacements?

because I just checked on a site and it says only like 2100 cars were affected, and there's a million 6ga's out there :lawl:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
another? thats 2-3 recalls for the 01-02 airbags as far as i can remember :lawl:

my dad got a letter for the TL but i dont know if his car is part of it. dont know why they would send out mail costing them money to owners who aren't affected...especially when the VIN is listed right there in the clear envelope window and they could have just checked it before printing the mailing :lawl:

Back