Fan died, over heating...

metrick1235

Reaction score
Was headin to the big city of the ATL yesterday and looked down and noticed that my temp gauge was almost in the red. So i pulled over at the next exit and found an autozone... got some wetter water to lower the temp and sat their for a few minutes to let the car cool down so i could put it in.....turned the key on and noticed that neither of the fans were running, turned the ac on and still neither of the fans were running.. got my volt meter out and checked the incoming power and it was getting power, so i figured that my fans were dead... so where can i get both fans with out paying an arm and leg...

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Pull-a-part.com
car-parts.com
Rockauto.com

Just a few off the top of my head in order as to which one I'd try first

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
I have both from a 4cyl if you want them. but have you tried sending 12v to the fans directly?

Bax

Reaction score
I have a 99 v6 sedan, and my right fan went out a few weeks ago, apparently they don't make the whole fan anymore, just the motor. I bought the oem motor from honda for around $150 i think and its been doing great ever since.

I know for sure that you can buy, the driver's side fan, but as for the passenger's side, the Honda place told me that they don't make those anymore. I even checked on the internet with no luck. :b

Good luck to you man, Its always scary seeing your car overheat. :ugh:

metrick1235

Reaction score
I have a 99 v6 sedan, and my right fan went out a few weeks ago, apparently they don't make the whole fan anymore, just the motor. I bought the oem motor from honda for around $150 i think and its been doing great ever since.

I know for sure that you can buy, the driver's side fan, but as for the passenger's side, the Honda place told me that they don't make those anymore. I even checked on the internet with no luck. :b

Good luck to you man, Its always scary seeing your car overheat. :ugh:

Ya i called them and was like 150 for a fan motor, really! Ive been looking at aftermarket universal ones for like 50ish from summit racing and jeggs. and it was very scary to see my car get hot.. its never done that and i was like "well Shi*" im 2 hours from home and no way to get back... and i had the GF with me going to dinner..

Bax

Reaction score
Mine did it for the first time, in a Captain D's drive through. :lawl:

I'd recommend the oem fan motor. I know its pricey, but it just has that heavy, well-put-together feel to it.

It's a weird coincidence that both of your fans would go out at the same time. :b
And i know Carquest has a fan for the driver's side, it's the whole fan assembly, not just the motor.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
if you wanna upgraded I recommend the isis 12" slim fans. I got mine from 240sxmotoring.com they're like $45 a piece plus shipping. I've got them on my car and even being turbo'd and driving the car hard the temp gauge stays about 2 notches lower then it did with the stock fans. and they're pretty simple to wire to.

Back