URGENT! Can't start car +parking violation soon.

Excuse_M3_DCT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know how but I misplaced my viper keyfob and I can't seem to be able to find it. Here's the problem, when I open my car door manually via spare key the alarm is activated, consequently, I am unable to start the car. The electronics work fine but the immobilizer is kicking my *** here. Any help? Thank you in advance.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Look for your alarm systems manual online, i know for mine if you turn the key to on/off 5 times i believe it puts the car on valet mode and disables the alarm.

Also try and not set that alarm off too many times or you won't be able to start the car due to a dead battery

Excuse_M3_DCT

Reaction score
Wow viper doesn't even offer the keyfob anymore... not sure what I can do now... I'm thinking opening the door manually, put the car in accessory mode, open the drivers side window, close the door and let the alarm cycle then open the door from inside. Think that'll bypass the alarm?

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
^^^^ no that will not work. You will need to locate the brain under the dash or the relay for the starter kill.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
Most alarms have valet parking mode .. call viper and find out how to do it and use it like that for now

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
They should have put a valet button in somewhere when they put in the alarm.

Last edited:

elcatrachito14

Reaction score
Step 1: disconnect the battery
Step 2: take you glove box out
Step 3: locate the alarm brain
Step 4: disconnect all wiring attached to it
Step 5: reconnect the battery

Drive home and then star to reconnect the wires you unpluged from the alarm brain. Once you do that the alarm is going to start to go off, let it go off it should stop after 3 minutes then it should be functioning fine..

Asian Invasion

Reaction score
Step 1: disconnect the battery
Step 2: take you glove box out
Step 3: locate the alarm brain
Step 4: disconnect all wiring attached to it
Step 5: reconnect the battery

Drive home and then star to reconnect the wires you unpluged from the alarm brain. Once you do that the alarm is going to start to go off, let it go off it should stop after 3 minutes then it should be functioning fine..

Rarely does an installer put the alarm brain behind the glove box. The brain will somewhere under the driver side dash.

Back