overheating on freeway!

Accccord

Reaction score
i have a 99 accord 4cyl 5 speed. the problem is my car only overheats on the freeway, i replaced the thermostat and did a coolant flush in january.
please help the problem is super annoying because i drive 200+ miles a weekend on the freeway.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
did it start happening after the coolant flush...? did u bleed the system? does the fan kicks in?

Accccord

Reaction score
It started about three weeks ago. And both fans kick in it only happens on the freeway though. I haven't bleed the system though. Been meaning to do that

Bax

Reaction score
have you checked your antifreeze levels?
I know a while back, i somehow managed to crack my radiator tank, and it sprayed antifreeze EVERYwhere when i hit the gas.

ActNow

Reaction score
Another thing is are you sure you put enough anti-freeze back in? When I did my flush, I reused my coolant (still new) but I practically had to put a half a bottle of new before it was completely filled again.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
Change your water pump.

You've already ruled out the t-stat, fan switch (and fans), coolant/air in coolant. Before you change the water pump replace the radiator cap with a oem cap or aftermarket cap with oem recommended specs. If the cap does not fix your issue then yes water pump is your best bet. If you have the money and have not already changed your timing belt, it would be smart to do it all at one time.

Back