Rattling Noise Help. Vid included.

lowe

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm getting this rattling noise and I'm not sure where it is coming from beneath the hood or from the tires. Sometimes its there, sometimes not. I can't seem to consistently replicate it. When the car is parked and I bounce the front suspension it doesn't happen. However, sometimes, when I slam the door I can sometimes hear it on both passenger and driver side. Is this something I can easily fix or should I bring it in to a shop.

Thanks as the help is surely appreciated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBEHwnJulpI Here's the vid. Sorry but the sound is pretty faint. Can be heard mainly from 5-15 seconds in.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of 10 year old cars. Don't bother bringing it to a shop, they'll just do something random, say they fixed it, and hand you a bill. I would examine the doors and front quarter panels.

001Stunna

Reaction score
all i hear in your video is wind lol

As for the noise though as Chris mentioned, take out the door panels and make sure nothing is loose, make sure the fuse-box doors can fully close on both sides, for the sake of it check your suspension parts(ball joints, tie rods, springs etc), along with any loose wiring clips that might be hitting somewhere

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Pffft .. my car rattles from place I never even knew were there .. I usually just start tapping around and holding things down to see if it stops hahaha

lowe

Reaction score
Pffft .. my car rattles from place I never even knew were there .. I usually just start tapping around and holding things down to see if it stops hahaha

Haha, I've tried touching everywhere so far ..havn't been able to duplicate it. Will probably have to take it in so it doesn't get worse.

Back