Clutch Engagement Low

Snoobly

Reaction score
My clutch damper was leaking, so i decided to just bypass the whole system and run a hard line straight from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder. I bought new master and slave cylinders just so i could have the whole engagment system new. anyways, i bled my system and now my clutch engages A LOT closer to the firewall compared to when i used to engage right up at the top. Why would that have changed? i didn't think the line size or length would make a difference in the pressure. Anyone have any idea why this would have happened, and how i could fix it?
Thanks in advance!

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i think thats how its supposed to be, because mine was like that before, and now its almost all the way at the top

Snoobly

Reaction score
i think thats how its supposed to be, because mine was like that before, and now its almost all the way at the top

really? i liked it up at the top. it felt like it was engaging better. engaging this low makes me feel like it's not engaged (but it is). what did you do to make yours change?

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
well my slave cylinder went bad, and i feel like my dad and i didn't flush it right. and my friends hate driving my car because it engages so high up, im used to it now but i want my old clutch back :lawl:

Snoobly

Reaction score
well my slave cylinder went bad, and i feel like my dad and i didn't flush it right. and my friends hate driving my car because it engages so high up, im used to it now but i want my old clutch back :lawl:

:deal: trade? lol!
alright well maybe i just bled it right or wrong. I thnk ill just drain it and re-bleed it and see what happens.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
my civic has a really soft,low pedal feeling..i hate it,dont think its working half the time but it is..im use to my stage3 clutch in the accord firm feeling.aha
but i bleed the civic clutch and didnt change anything.idk man

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
If you bled it and the pedal is stiff maybe you need to adjust the height not sure what it is but you can find it in a haynes/Helms/chilton service manual

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
cd283ba3.jpg

3bef8c8e.jpg

a5974c69.jpg

838bfe8c.jpg

b8fe63ab.jpg

43628483.jpg

e3168ac3.jpg

84f093b5.jpg

redlinevtec

Reaction score
hahaha. damn I hate this too! Mine was a higher but now my clutch engages lower. i got use to it but sometimes its a ***** driving low with a clutch that engages low

Back