UPDATE! Electrical Problem

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
UPDATE

Ok so now the CEL is still dimly lit, and when I put the key into the on position, the transmission bottom solenoid clicks repeatedly fast

Last edited:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Re: Electrical Problem

are you sure it was the oil pressure sensor? cause i am willing to bet that it was your knock sensor

LX_F23A1

Reaction score

there are two sensors on the back side of the block above the filter one has a wire running into it and the other has two the one that has two wires running into it is broken off

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score

knock sensor is a thin piece of plastic sensor

the oil pressure sensor is covered in rubber and cant be snapped , only the wires can break

LX_F23A1

Reaction score

Okay so it is my knock sensor -.-
Another thing can I run my engine without a knock sensor and if so for how long??

All the clicking that was going on in the engine bay was from the relays lol, it got pretty humid in chicago so im guessing thats what caused it, not to mention my car was chillen for over a week without being started.

It fired up nice and smoothely just gotta plu a couple things up.
d03607a5-b509-c241.jpg

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score

I'm willing to bet its your knock sensor. I broke the one off my old engine and off my new engine. broke one on a junkyard car trying to get it out, and my buddy broke the one on hit h22 when he was trying to transfer it over to his new block after hydro-locking the old one. They're just really ****in fragile for some reason. dunno what the clicking could be though....make sure nothings interfering with any pulleys or other moving parts.

Edit: beat me to my explanation haha. I've been running without a knock sensor since march. honestly you'll be fine to run without it for a little while if you plan on replacing it. I never did cause I wasn't trying to pay like $150 to the dealer for something I don't necessarily need.

Last edited:

LX_F23A1

Reaction score

Lol thats good to hear that I can run my car without it, I can not wait to get the car rolling today.

Thanks alot guys!

Edit: I will try to pull the sensor at a jy and try to apply my universal five finger discount to it lmfao

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Back