f22 IM

cg6boi

Reaction score
i saw that a few of the accords ive been lookn at for inspiration have the f22 IM, is this a direct bolt on? what are the pro's and cons? does it make you sexier? any information would be appreciated, and sorry if this has been covered already and i just didnt see it

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Should be a direct bolt on to the head, as for everything else attatched to it, that may take some work. Pro's, probably cheaper than hell cuz no one wants them, some flow better than ours. Cons, might be hard to find I suppose. Sexier, wtf?

cg6boi

Reaction score
wouldnt the lower displacement of the f22 (22 to the 23) make our IM flow better cuz of the bigger displacement or does the IM have nothing to do with that....and yes sexiness does count, cuz as you know thats all that matters in the realm of sexness is sexiness....

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Displacement has nothing to do with the intake manifold. Its all about how the air flows through it.

cg6boi

Reaction score
few more questins if you dont mind, will i need a new intake or can i use my AEM sri? use the f23 TB or the TB from the f22? anything that i need to do this? thanks again

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can reuse intake, TB should bolt up fine. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get a new IM gasket and TB gasket.

Egi7

Reaction score
if you want to get a better manifold for your f23, go for the f22a6 or H23 IM, they both have dual runners, the others do not and are actually worse than the f23 mani. There might be a slight problem with the coolant passage lining up, but if you get it portmatched you shouldnt have any problem.

retroshark

Reaction score
yea, the f23 intake manifold tends to have much better flow proporties than the f22 counterparts. i dont quite know where the idea that the a6 manifold is better than the f23 manifold, but i dont think it is. i personally have the manifold from an f22 engine from an EX accord, but i run it, not for the flow dynamics, but because its an obd1 part and has the obd1 iacv which means that i can properly control my idle with my engine management.

as far as doing it, i dont recomend it. unelss theres evidence this a6 manifold flows better, its not worth the work to hhave to install it, convert the iacv plate to work with a 3 wire IAC.

and as far as the myth that the h23 manifold will bolt on, i beleive thats incorrect. the top plenum of the manifold will however bolt to the lower part of a certain model maifold used on the f22 motors, but nothing more, the H and F series heads share no likenesses as far as manifold bolt patterns go.

Egi7

Reaction score
Well........actually the H23 and F22a6 bolt pattern is the same as the f23's. The only matchup problem is the coolant passage, its about a few centimeters off. I compared the 2 manifolds design on a f23 head. Yes, the f22a6 mani (dual runners) is far better than the f23 mani, because its designed to close the secondary runners at the low end, for torque, and open the secondary runners at top end for increased performance. The f23 mani does not have that option, because it only has one set of runners. Have you compared the f23's runner diameter to the a6 or h23's?. The f23's runners and ports are smaller, which makes it kinda aniemic, in terms of performance. Like I said before the f23 is better than the standard f22 mani because of the bigger plenum, but not at all better than the f22a6 or h23 mani

Last edited:
Back