engine vibration?

Neight

Reaction score
My engine has been vibrating a lot. he steering wheel, the car, I can feel it, it was also causing my hood to rattle. Any suggestions? has this been happening to other ppl ? let me know guys ,thanks.

angelplus

Reaction score
When has it been vibrating? Like when you hit the brakes? or maybe when you're idle? or is it when you're just cruising, becuase I can think of three reasons for each of those that i listed

wg2k7

Reaction score
alignment, engine mounts, could even be as simple as a lump in your tire. a better description of when it shakes could help

Neight

Reaction score
when I am just stopped, like at a light or in aparking lot, i can feel the steering wheel shake. What do I look for when I check the engine mounts? I have a 4cyl BTW.

wg2k7

Reaction score
is it an auto? one way to easily check for broken motor mounts, although i doubt thats what you have, is to pop your hood and have someone look into the engine bay and push brake down hard and slowly rev it a little bit in drive. this will make the engine twist if there is a broken mount

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i have something like this. i think i might be idled too low. after i did my TB spacer and ceramic header, it idled too high and my mechanic adjusted to as low as it could go.

Virtuosity0021

Reaction score
I can get idling pretty low too...lowest is probably 500 rpm...maybe a little less at times (like stopping).

It's happened twice that the engine has actually been killed from idling too low. :furious:

Back