How to make car more luxury oriented?

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
Howdy guys,

Just recently got on the forums because my wife decided she wants the Accord to be more like a Lexus. So, with the free reign given to me I have set out on my mission. :) It's great when your wife gives you permission to spend money on cars.

Anyways, I will list what i'm getting and then I need suggestions on what to do next. I don't want any 'race' parts or flashy stuff, just luxury stuff.

The car is a 99 LX with 43k miles and is silver with the light bluish interior.

The list:
- 6000k HIDs- $200
- LED Tailllights - $170
- Delphi Skyfi2 XM Radio - $120
- Keyless Entry - $130
- OEM Honda Woodgrain kit - $150
- Light grey leather seat covers, armrest cover and door panel covers - $650 installed
- Sunroof - $325 installed
- Garmin GPS, probably the 660 - $700
- EX 15" rims - $150
- Possible massage system/heat/cold system in the front seats - ?

I think that's it for now, what else can you guys think of?

Last edited:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Ditch the LED tails. Dyanmat the entire car. Don't have a sunroof cut in, you're asking for trouble.

Accord =/= Luxury

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
I already put in a good amount of sound deadener, i'd love to put more in but i just don't have the drive i used to. :p

I haven't even got the LED tails! :p I did like how they looked on the forums from what i saw.

The sunroof has a 3 year warranty, i figure that's a decent amount of time.

dynasty

Reaction score
IMO, i think LED tail lights would be great but for our accord, their style is more rice than luxury. woodgrain is the best thing for luxury. white leather seats is also great too. i think you have pretty much everything. some luxury cars go for bigger wheels. most BMW wheels are pretty big. dark tint is also luxurious. good luck. i like to see how it looks at the end.

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
Ya, LED might be ricey but i don't think it looks to bad in the pics. (hopefully i'm right, haha)

I found a good deal on the leather on ebay. 300 bucks for the seat covers that replace the cloth with the leather. It comes with the seat covers, armrest cover and door inserts. Unfortunately it's platinum gray which may or may not go well with my bluish interior, we'll see.

As far as the wheels goes, i have basically brand new 15's so i just wanted to keep it stockish looking.

naoandlata

Reaction score
Instead of getting the 6000k which has a bluer look on the HIDS get 4300k which most luxury cars use.

Hush

Reaction score
i wouldn't even use the kits, why not spend that little extra money and get a compnay do your retrofit. Use some TSX projectors thats modded with washers and 300zx lense swap. and your'll be alot more happier when you drive it at night.

wg2k7

Reaction score
get the leather interior from ebay, maybe an in dash navi/head unit and a custom shroud to go around it, thats true lexus style. many people have done it, and it looks good. also, i say no to the sunroof.

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
Wow, i didn't know there were companies out there that retrofit HIDs into headlights. :p

I've got a set of 6000k i'm gonna use on my Neon, i'll see how those turn out, if i like 'em i'll just use another 6k, OR, i might use the 4300 on the Accord, who knows.

What indash GPS could i use? Is it mainly the Pioneer Avic one?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
dont forget a leather steering wheel and shift knob. find an ex v6 leather knob and wheel, or if youve got the cash, step up to a tl-s or cl-s. they will all be black, but what can you do with a blue interior...

300zx lenses are too big for tsx projectors...they would need to be ground down. plus, the tsx lens is one of the best on the market. try the washer mod before cutting into a fresh set of 300zx lenses.

customlightz.com does accord retros in their sleep. rich is one of the originators for 6th gens :thumbsup:

heres your best bet--sell your accord and buy an ex with leather and woodgrain. you wont have to spend over a grand out of your pocket for aftermarket parts...that way:
leather: done
moonroof: done
wood: done
ex rims: done
keyless: buy a $20 remote off ebay if it doesnt already come with one (what i did)
heated seats: if you can find a canadian model, they come stock
leather wheel/knob: if you buy a coupe, done

^^thats what id do if i was you.

Back