Audio Weight Racing

justvtec

Reaction score
OK guys now i want to put a bad *** system (see what i want on my domain page) but all being that i have a very heavy foot (vroom vroom) and weight will slow you down iam still at a pickle with it. I want to have a bad *** thump yet i drive like honda skunk so this is what iam looking at as in wieght right now that i want

(These are the threats)
(2) Subs-20 lbs each
(1) Sub Box-40 lbs
(2) Amps-25 lbs each
(2) Capacitors-10 lbs each

Total:
125 Pounds :eek: (Riding on my A**)

See what yall think

Last edited:

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Why don't you just put the bump in your trunk ( :D ) while you're cruising and then take it out when you race?

justvtec

Reaction score
Tru but i dont want to messing with that all the time

HandoEX

Reaction score
100 lbs of stereo equipment equates to about 1/10th of second slower in the 1/4 mile....It really won't make any significant difference.

justvtec

Reaction score
cool guys thanks for then info let the bump begin!!!!!!!!!!

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
yup, what Hando said.

+ you could just get a single 12 or 15 too. and btw a lot of 12" subs weigh more than 25lbs lol, i think mine is like 37lbs

justvtec

Reaction score
a wildman what is up with the decals i want 1

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
sorry i've been giving a few people the run around on decals, i actually am going to be just refunding one guy b/c i haven't been on as much as I usually am the past weeks. last 2 weeks have been hell for me in school, 2 allnighters this week lol. if you want some decals though there is a thread about them in General Chat on how to order and everything. I'll get them out right away now that I have a break in schoolwork for a few days (and by break i mean I only have about 300 pages to read :( )

retroshark

Reaction score
justvtec... first of all, im goign to assume you like to go fast, but dont race, since racing is illegal unless on a track...

put in a nice system and i wouldnt worry about any difference in speed or acceleration. as handoex said, it will take of liek 1 10th of a second. if your doing the 1/4 mile, thats the difference between a 15 and a 14... so bear that in mind. since i built my own audio setup, i got a box that i can easily take out with the unplugging of 4 cables, all labeled appropriately.

from my experience, its made little difference. if your worried about weight when you car is only running 16's, its kind of pointless. when your hitting 14's and you cant break 13, worry about weight. til then, dont worry so much, just ride in style.

EDIT:

dont bother with caps. unless your running 1000watts plus on an audio system or at least 2 amps, you wont need to waste teh 100 dollars. just make sure your amp and subs are wired and bridged properly and youll be fine.

justvtec

Reaction score
Well Retroshark (you got me i have a heavy foot) and you can ask anybody in this site we love to race (legal or illegal) we love the rush but i have 2 amps which i plan to bridge so ill have each amp push a sub and then ill have an amp pushing all my mids and highs thaa is why i want the caps for my car and also an optima battery(which i still need to find out which 1 to get though)

Back