Headers

justvtec

Reaction score
Alright guys now i want headers all i want to know is that if i put headers will make a difference. (being that i have a auto tranny)
And if so what os the best bang for the buck$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

acrod99

Reaction score
headers will make a difference if you've got an intake and a cat-back. Automatic transmissions aren't bad or good for anything in particular. Don't worry bout that.

Muyo

Reaction score
OBX Racing Stainless Steel are pretty good for the price.

justvtec

Reaction score
Stainless Steal or, Ceramic???????????????????

justvtec

Reaction score
All so will a High Flow Catalytic Converter help give my car some more balls?????????

klee

Reaction score
justvtec said:
Alright guys now i want headers all i want to know is that if i put headers will make a difference. (being that i have a auto tranny)
And if so what os the best bang for the buck$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Probably the only difference you will notice is your low end torque/hp will drop but your high end torque/hp will increase. You won't see the full potential unless you use it with a full exhaust and intake. Also, a minor correction, it's header or exhaust maniflod and not headers since us Hondas don't have more than one unlike V8s.

Edit: In regards to best bang. If you have a V6 then Megan racing would be a decent choice. Just make sure to pick up a second gen version since the first gen had welding issues. All others for I4 would be DC Sports, OBX (I'm not sure on the brand but I haven't heard anything bad about them), and Comptech.

Last edited:

justvtec

Reaction score
and the High Flow Catalytic Converter??????????????????????

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DC is what most people run. Comptech only makes it for the V6, Greddy makes one for the F22B1 which will bolt up to the block, not sure about the rest of it, there is also Kamikaze but it has a 2.5'' collector so you'll need some sort of adapter from the downpipe to the cat or the rest of the exhaust.

justvtec

Reaction score
will it increase my performance???????????????//

angelplus

Reaction score
ok... well first off, we have one HEADER. please get it right people, we have 4 bangers lol.

A header will increase your HP but not with out a catback. If you get a header with out a catback, then it would be a big *** waste of money, you'd have so much back pressure going into your exhaust it wouldn't even be funny. But you will see a great increase in HP/TQ if you decide to get them both at one time. That is probably one of the more expensive investments on your car besides a turbno set up or nitrous, but I wouldn't worry about that kind of stuff. Hell, Im running nitrous with out headers and with a stock exhaust!!!! ;)

Back