manual problems... and it aint in yet

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
Well, i bought the manual a while back and im questioning whether or not to keep it. 1 of the bolt holes that support the shift linkage is sheard off. and its a far one that has no other hole for support. it came with a slave cyl on it, stock clutch plate and disc as well as h22 axles. the things i plan on buyin soon are master cyl, gear box, linkage(?) and pedal.
Should i keep the tranny with the damage?
Is there any other part i need that is not listed?
Should i bust the bank and buy one of those R3aly tyTe APC LED shift knob?
~Badger

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
There's tons of ways to get it out. I snapped a valve cover bolt clean off inside my head, about a cm down. Go to ACE Hardware and explain the problem, they'll reccomend you something. Just get a can of PB Blaster, been around forever and works the best.

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
yeah I would just take it into a professinal welding shop to see what can be done likely youll need to take it into a machine shop so that you can have the mounting surface re-surfaced

5thGenAccord

Reaction score
Or you can ignore it all together. The only thing that hole holds is the motor mount bracket. Since there are 3 other bolts that hold the bracket on including 2 that screw into the tranny I wouldn't think one messed up hole would be a big deal.

Back