How do you align the steering wheel?

JDMungi

Reaction score
I just took my steering wheel out a few months back and now its off center. I tried to take out the hub and putting it back on the center but still did not work! My mistake was that i did not mark the relationship between the two! How can i fix this problem help this is freakin annoying....Thanks :smack

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
I never removed it but it looks like this:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...DR+LX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=STEERING+COLUMN

All you have to do is to

1- rotate the cable reel clockwise until it stops.
2- Rotate the cable reel counterclockwise about 2½ turns until the arrow on the cable reel points straight up.

3- Align the index mark on the steering wheel hub with the mark on the shaft when you slip the wheel onto the shaft. Make sure the locating pins on the cable reel engage the holes in the backside of the steering wheel, and the notches in the steering wheel hub engage the tabs on the turn signals cancelling cam.

TitaniumACC

Reaction score
yeah for a alignment but if he removed his steering and didn't re-install it properly, it may be not in the right position..

JDMungi

Reaction score
yups thanks TitaniumACC. Thanks for all your help guys! Gona try it out this weekend!

Back