DIY: lower rear tie bar or lower rear strut bar

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i got one but it had no instructions. anyone have a DIY. i think me and JD connected it to the wrong stud cause for some reason it doesn't fit.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
I hear they hit the stock exhaust.

they do, which is why i was wondering if there is a DIY.
BlackAV6 has an afermarket exhaust, not sure of his pipe curves and hangers though, but his didn't fit either.

Black AV6

Reaction score
no i got mine to fit .. it just looked like it wouldnt on the ground. Once i got it on the lift it went right on. The place we talked about is the correct location to mount it. I dont see why it would hit the hangers though. im using all the factory hanger locations. ill take pics tomorrow for you guys.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I was installing one when I had the stock exhaust, and the curved part of the exhaust pipe would hit. Now, that I have my aftermarket exhaust, it would still hit. The problem is that if your aftermarket exhaust has the same bends as your stock one, a lower tie bar will not work.
The bend has to go furthur to the right, or a little lower so it won't hit

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
where can u find the rear lower tie bars? i've seen them here and there but i dont really remember where i saw em at.. thanks

Mojeans69

Reaction score
they sort of have a DIY in last months Superstreet mag. but they were installing it on an RSX...but it should be the same...i'll see if I can find it

Back