clunking sound???

minituck04

Reaction score
so ive been driving around lately and i keep hearing this clunking sound. im sure your gonna say its the shock. but i dont think so. coming from front right corner. heard the same sound when i didnt have my airbox bolted down. its bolted down now. thing is that when im going over the lil cracks in the road i hear it. but as soon as i apply the slightest amount of brake it goes away. i was thinking it was a loose rotor but i dont think so since the lil screws on the rotor were tight. do you guys have any idea what this might be. and ive heard this ever since i put on the CAI. its off now but the noise is still present. any suggestions would be greatly appriciated

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I doubt it's the rotor. Even if the little screws were loose, the wheels and lug nuts are holding it on securely.

I would say check the caliper or pads. Maybe something is loose there.

minituck04

Reaction score
thats what i was thinkin but when i did my breaks like a few weeks ago i made sure to double check everything. hmm. anything else it may be

du3ce

Reaction score
I used to have this problem also, it would clunk really loud when im cruising and when i brake or the press the gas it would go away. It went away after i took off my wheels to look at what the problem is and when i put the rims back on it went away, really weird lol.

minituck04

Reaction score
yeah sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesnt. just sounds like my car is gonna fall apart. i think ill put on my stock wheels and see if it still does it.

minituck04

Reaction score
i checked them but i could be wrong. ill check em again. but it sounds more like a bad shock or somethng but i checked those. and the noise was present before i dropped my car. ill just have to re check everything. it made the similar noise when i had put my stock air intake back on and i didnt have the bracket that held the box.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
How can you tell if ball joints are bad?? Lately i have been hearing the clunking noise too, makes small clunking/popping noises at slow speeds..but lately been on all small bumps...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Clunking in the front = a bad CV joint for me and ball joints. Replaced both, no more clunk.

minituck04

Reaction score
i will have to go and check that out today. thanks guys for all your input. you guys are very helpful unlike the guys at drive accord

Back