Jarhead (the movie)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Big thumbs up from me, whatever that's worth to you haha. If you go expecting a lot of action, you'll be disappointed though. The movie deals more with the way war changes people than war itself.

Basically if you liked Full Metal Jacket you'll like this. A lot. It reminded me of FMJ quite a bit.

Oh and the movie was pretty damn funny in spots too lol.

Overall this is probably like my 2nd or 3rd fav war movie, Saving Private Ryan being my favorite.

98sleeper

Reaction score
thanks for the information. being a Marine myself, i think i'll like it alot. i plan on seeing it this week. have a good one!

silencer

Reaction score
i saw it on Friday and i think it's a very "interesting" movie. since i am not supposed to tell too much about story line, but man, i love that video tape (you'll know if you see the movie) :D

robbyx_209

Reaction score
98sleeper said:
thanks for the information. being a Marine myself, i think i'll like it alot. i plan on seeing it this week. have a good one!

oh yea??... well then oorah to you Devil Dawg.. lol... i'm a former marine myself, finished my enlistment 3 months ago... goin' into Law Inforcement in the chair-force... back to topic... can't wait to watch it next week, i went to war myself so i can really relate to the movie :)

98sleeper

Reaction score
awesome, glad to know you brother! hope the chair force goes good for you. i can't wait to see the movie either, i've been hearing good things about it.

theaccordian

Reaction score
Since you guys experienced the real thing is this movie pretty realistic in terms of the experience over there and whats the movies angle, objective, pro-War, or anti -war.

robbyx_209

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
Since you guys experienced the real thing is this movie pretty realistic in terms of the experience over there and whats the movies angle, objective, pro-War, or anti -war.

i'll get back to you in a week after i watch it :)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
hmm well the ground war in Desert Storm was a matter of days, so i'd imagine the movie is fairly accurate in its lack of action lol.

i didn't really pick up on any kind of political agenda from the movie... but maybe that was just me being ignorant.

Back