I4 to a V6

cg6boi

Reaction score
i was told today by a shop here in Sac called Midnight Performance that swapping my I4 to a V6 would be costly due to the fact that the labor is so intensive due to the factthat they would have to modify my front end because the v6 accords are longer in the front thant the i4's......is this true?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
It would be pretty expensive to do so.
You'll have to configure new motor and transmission mounts. new suspension because of the weight. Intake & exhaust. Reprogram the ECU because of the change in Vtec engagement and shift points. And if you're going to a manual tranny, all the linkage and stuff along with customizing the interior shifter and stuff.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
the i4 to v6 thing gets asked at least once a year.
think about it.
the configuration of the engine bay is different.
the wires, as said above, are different.
the suspension is different.
the exhaust is different.

suspension and exhaust will go for 1000 as it is.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Suspension is the same, just stiffer springs. Exhaust? C'mon, its just pipes.

The only real pain is gonna be mounting and wiring everything up. Oh, and that was the 5thgen V6's that had a longer front end.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
get another car with a stock v6 in it. get another car besides an accord v6 cause they dont offer a manual.

why, if i may ask, do you want a v6?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
seriously.

its not worth all the effort and money youd have to spend. the engines (i4 and v6) face the opposite ways in the engine bays. and no, the 6th gens are all the same size, aside from the coupe and sedan differences, the front ends are not longer on certain models.

if you really want to go thru with the i4 to v6 swap, deff dont do anything other then cl-s j32 with the 6 speed tranny. the j30 would not be worth it at all.

Back