Following Forum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

iii76

Reaction score
Hey Mods,

I'd like to take the time to say that I am enjoying the forum. Really has helped me in more than one occasion. Props :afro:. I am in no way trying to stir the pot, but am rising awareness

Recently I put up an ad to sell some parts but did not have 50 posts as the Forum Rules required me to have to sell. Post edited by the mod and thread locked,

no problem, I understand

but for another member with less than 50 posts to post up an ad is ok.

ironic.

rules should be followed.

i get nabbed for posting up in the FS section for not having 50 posts, but another member gets the green light from a mod...??

not classy

my thread: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40040

other member: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40371

if one should follow the rules, all should follow the rules :thumbsup:

- iii76

truWarier02

Reaction score
I agree with you, but in this rare case, he was giving it away locally. The point of having the 50 posts rule is for new members to gain the trust of others and have them stick around, rather than just signing up to sell and never logging back on again. But since this transaction doesn't deal with money or a trade of parts, and the fact that he didn't just sign up recently, the mods just cut him some slack.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Coincidentally the 'free bumper' issue is the first time I have seen something given for free, and also a rarity when a new member actually expresses a legitimate concern - for which I give you respect. All members must have 50 posts and be members for 2 months to sell anything. You sound like a legitimate person, and I think you'll enjoy sticking around with us! Spend another week or two here, post your intro thread and member ride thread, and hang wit us - then selling for you won't be an issue and you can do that as you please! :thumbsup:

That's a good idea for Cody to implement if he agrees - just have POSTING NEW FS THREADS in the for sale section disabled for members who don't fit the criteria! Wonder why this hasn't been done a long long time ago... But, allow them to reply to already posted threads, and allow them to post WTB threads.

Last edited:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
Free is different than selling. The only reason we have the 50 post rule is because there is money changing hands. A seller should have to forge a relationship with the community before it should have the ability to profit from that relationship. This other guy is not profiting.

iii76

Reaction score
The bumper is free so that technically isn't selling. That's giving away

yeah, its free...thats not selling, haha.​

Free is different than selling. The only reason we have the 50 post rule is because there is money changing hands. A seller should have to forge a relationship with the community before it should have the ability to profit from that relationship. This other guy is not profiting.

sure. i guess none of you did read the forum rules

The following rules apply to both FS/WTB subforums. Members must follow the rules, or they will receive an infraction or possible ban.

1. Members must have at least 50 legitimate posts to create a thread. Any member found to be making useless posts just to increase their post count will be dealt with.

'To create a thread' - So whether it be selling for cash or giving away for free. Any thread being started in the FS section, OP should have 50 Legitimate posts.

Thats all :nutswinger:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
for any given rule, there's always some flexibility depending on the situation and the outcome. for example, the law states that you should obey the speed limit, but do u really?

i initially locked that thread, but seeing that it was free, I reopened it. The benefit for the members outweighted the cost, so why not?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
OP was arguing the semantics of the way the rules were written:

Rules state "to create a thread", in which case the 'free' posting shouldn't have been there.

Like Roy said though, 'free' is a benefit to the community, no potential loss involved. The rules are based on the premise that people need to be a trusted part of the community before attempting sale, where MONEY is involved. Free does not involve money..

I'm defending both sides.

Either case, it doesn't matter at all. OP, if you're going to get butthurt - just leave. Otherwise we would all be glad to have you as part of our community. Points made and taken, let's move on now, no sense in beating a dead horse. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back