Hondizing your aftermarket rims

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, this is a simple DIY. Alot of people spend tons of time trying to find centercaps for their wheels when they might not need to. All centercaps are different so you may need to stray away from this exact process but this should be the basics.

If you concider going back, this is irreversible. Make sure your centercaps are available, and affordable. Mine would cost about $120 to replace but i could never find them again anyway.

Tools:
Hacksaw
Small screwdriver
Epoxy

My cap was a two peice cap so i had to pry the top off
pryhe2.jpg

Now you have two pieces, or if your's in one piece, you can start here.
2peicesom0.jpg

Now, take out your hack saw and cut off the top. If you have a flat center cap, you can just sand it flat.
hackingcapii0.jpg

Now take your oem cap. Make sure it's similar in size to your stock cap so it fits in the center bore of the wheel. I used some caps off a 02 coupe ;)
stockcapjs7.jpg

Cut the tabs off the back to make it flat

hackstockpe0.jpg

Now you have half of both. You have the tabs to hold the cap in from the orginal and the top of the oem
bothhackedrr4.jpg

Depending on how well you cut, you may need to clean it up with some sand paper. I got pretty good so mix up the epoxy.
epoxylw5.jpg

Spread it on the top of the original cap.
expoxydonevr6.jpg

Put them together, making sure they are lined up right.
centercapdonejt0.jpg

That's it, your done.

Sorry, way to many pictures probably, i just figured it might help a few.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Results....
With original cap. Looks pretty good, not exactly how i want.
aftermarketnh1.jpg

Now with it done....mmmm....hondized...
hondizedum9.jpg

I think it looks much cleaner

minituck04

Reaction score
i did that to mine but mine fit in there fine. so i have the same cap on my wheels. good diy though. kudos for you.
camberkitdiy020.jpg

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Mine where in mm of fitting, just not quite there. It's easy though. Each one takes about 5-10 min, not including drying time.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
Each to there own. I think it looks much better. As far as the process, you end up with a very strong cap (actually stronger than the two peice i started with). And it's easy. Plus now you have a centercap that fits as if it was made two. You are welcome to your own oppinion, i just don't think i half assed anything.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I choose a different silver to go with. Less metalic, looks better. The bronze, it probably could have looked good but silver is always going to work. I think im going to powdercoat them or get them professionally painted over the summer when i have cash to spare (i can actually work then).

Back