Tagging Function

Bax

Reaction score
I did a quick search and nothing turned up, lmk if this has already been brought up...

Does anyone else think it would come in handy if we had a tagging function like facebook? For example, in a FS thread, if we know somebody who wants a certain thing we can "tag" their name in our post, and they will be notified that they have been mentioned in a thread then they will go see it... instead of just hoping by chance they see it later.

Or for another example, maybe in a thread if someone is asking about a certain subject we know one person is very knowledgeable in, we could "tag" a person into the thread, like saying "Idk if I helped much, but I know ______ knows a lot about this stuff," then they can be notified that they were mentioned, then they can come into the thread and help out.

As for location of it maybe make it an icon next to the hyperlink, quote, insert image, etc buttons on the top of the text boxes? Something like that maybe.

I'm not trying to tell anybody what to do, I'm just throwing out an idea. If it's stupid don't be afraid to tell me you think that, I just wanted to suggest this as I feel it could be very helpful and come in handy a lot on here.

Tell me what you guys think.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
WHAT A STUPID IDEA!

:lawl:

There is a tag function, but it's not user specific. So if you were mentioned in a thread you would have to search still, as opposed to being notified that you were mentioned. Not sure what's involved in adding site functionality though.

Bax

Reaction score
That's not really what I mean... lol
You have a facebook you know what I'm talking about. :slap:
WHAT A STUPID IDEA!

:lawl:

There is a tag function, but it's not user specific. So if you were mentioned in a thread you would have to search still, as opposed to being notified that you were mentioned. Not sure what's involved in adding site functionality though.
That's what I mean, you still have to search. I'm not so conceited I get on here and search my name all the time. But I know there's probably one or a few times where I might have been mentioned and didn't ever see it.

and just to clear things up I mean like if i were mentioned, it would look like this:
Idk man, try asking TheBax. I think he has some for sale.

edti: It would definitely come in handy in all these "Who's accord is this???" threads. I'm pretty sure a lot of people have no clue they have been asked about, and would be thrilled to know somebody was so concerned with their car. It would also help in that way, because the person would be able to answer any questions somebody had, instead of a thread full of "I wonder how he did this?" "Idk man, looks crazy" "I might try that", just things like that.

I'm just rambling right now. I have no clue what it takes to add something like that to the site. I know it's not as easy as "just pop this in the text box," but again I'm just throwing an idea out.

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
Once a week isn't being conceited. :roy:

Mikey

Reaction score
I get what your saying. But I think between the tags on this site, at the bottom, our sigs, and the info you can gather and see from our usernames, I dont think the type of tags you want, will happen.

Epic funniness though.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
but how hard is it to just pm the person who's name is mentioned..

then again, where the hell did the members list go?

noobs don't even know it existed.

Back