Serious question about bulbs..

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never bought any type of aftermarket bulbs so I'm a little clueless as to what's the best out there. I see Luminics thrown around a lot on here so I'll take it that its one of the better brands out there.

I plan on getting a new set of headlights (ebay black housings) and I wanna upgrade the lighting as well at the same time. Here's the thing - I do most of my driving at night, through a lot of fog and moisture and I personally have a hard time seeing road lines in the rain. I'll be getting the oem fogs for my 01-02 bumper and pretty much planned on using yellow bulbs in them but I'm wondering what you guys would suggest for the highs and lows. Color vs. light output and reliability. I don't want to replace bulbs every 3 months. No HID retrofits or kits for me so don't even mention them.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
since u get fog, i'd suggest yellow fogs and hi beam..... i have the luminics foglight bulbs in the celica and nokya hi beams in the accord.... both r pretty nice imo with good output... as for low beam, i'd stick with regular stanley/ oem bulbs unless if u go HID pnp (which ain't too bad imo :p) or retro

dynasty

Reaction score
nokya has the best white color. luminics hyper whites are more blue. i have them on my camry right now. doesn't give enough output than nokya. on my accord, i have yellow nokya which is pretty good on the road. but not sure if you would like yellow low-beam. as for fogs, it's recommended to have yellow fogs because it could light up the road easier especially when it's raining or fogging. if you have stock bulb, it wouldn't light up the road as much as yellow color. hope you understand what i just said. haha

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
nokya has the best white color. luminics hyper whites are more blue. i have them on my camry right now. doesn't give enough output than nokya. on my accord, i have yellow nokya which is pretty good on the road. but not sure if you would like yellow low-beam. as for fogs, it's recommended to have yellow fogs because it could light up the road easier especially when it's raining or fogging. if you have stock bulb, it wouldn't light up the road as much as yellow color. hope you understand what i just said. haha

What he said

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
no point in buying hyper whites tht will blow on u in a few months imo.. i'd stick with regular low beam bulbs

edit: 1500 posts!! :peace:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
these for low beams, stock high beams. thats my setup, and short of a retro, its the brightest combo.

/story

6THGEN_AI4

Do not get luminics off fron their home page 'cause they out of the market and you might lose your money...that happened to me but mt C.C refounded my money...

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I would recommend HID's for the lows and yellow fog lights. That's what I have. I also have 100w yellow high beams.
If money is an issue, you can get a set of sylvanias which I hear are ok, or PIAA superwhite.
Don't worry about seeing the road markings when it's raining. I have 7000K HID's and I have that problem.
The road reflectors, I can see fine, but the actual markings (white & yellow lines) I can't see in the rain

Back