DIY: Remove Oil Pan from V6

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Well for those who been lurking I cracked my oil pan on a man hole that was above normal road conditions cause of the inconsiderate construction workers.
Tools/Parts Needed:
  • A Helping Hand
  • 5 quarts of new oil- I used Mobil 1 extended 5w 30
  • 10mm-17mm socket just in-case if you strip a rusted bolt
  • Ultra Black hi-temp RTV silicone gasket maker( I used some blue stuff though)
  • lots of jack stands, scissor jack, floor jack and blocks of wood
  • New Oil Pan
  • A Strong leg
  • All together it took us about 2 and a half hours not a very hard diy if you were to ask me pretty simple and straight to the point

1)Drain all oil on a level plane then Jack the car up and place jack stands
_MG_0975.jpg

_MG_0976.jpg

2)Remove the exhaust hanger bolts o2 sensor plug and header bolts to drop it all down for clearance
IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

3)Apply multiple stacks of plank wood i used 3 and put the scissor on top of it and jack the lower bottom of the engine you should be able to find a clear spot
IMG_1039.jpg

4)With you jacking up the engine you should be able to unbolt the engine mount and start unlbolting the bolts to the oil pan and be sure to make sure all oil is out i still luckily had a swallow of oil left
IMG_0978.jpg

5)You should be able to see all this of what I see when removed and by the way to the right of the oil pan is a cover to the tranny which needs to be removed since theyre are 2 more long screws tucked in
IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1035.jpg

:nutkick: This is what I did and it ruined me for a couple of days lol
IMG_1036.jpg

6)Get New oil Pan ready and apply sealant gasket. Careful when sliding back in cause you want to keep the sealant nicely lined up so you will have no future oil leaks. Then Voila youre fini.
IMG_0979.jpg

IMG_1037.jpg

:eusa_doh: Scrape Scrape
_MG_0977.jpg

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nice. Glad to see you got this fixed up quick.

Was there an alternate pan that you could use, or did you just end up getting another Accord one?

DIY Meets at Darian's house!

:147703263745b138a51

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Nice. Glad to see you got this fixed up quick.

Was there an alternate pan that you could use, or did you just end up getting another Accord one?

DIY Meets at Darian's house!

:147703263745b138a51

No I just went ahead with the safe side and used the accord one I wanted perfect fitment and no issues. It dawned on me that only that every make and model is diff so no need to going in that route ie 3.2 are bigger and im sure that 7thgen accords have a diff bottom subframe and haha sure ill be down for that just byob :D

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah, good call.

I was trying to see if I could find anything about the oil pan, but nothing came up.

It might not be beer, but will keep you posted since I haven't been down to VA in awhile!

:thumbup:

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Jeez. I hope i4 oil pans aren't that complicated .. if I'm not mistaken, i have to remove the oil pan to tap it for an oil return line for boost ?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Glad you got the car fixed up. You might want to add the part about draining the oil early in the DIY though, like at the top. Probably best to drain it before jacking up the car.

Back