Help!! its too cold for this

traxxxstar

Reaction score
Ok, I rolled down my driver side window and can't get it back up again. It rolls up a couple of inches and stops as if it reached the top already. I'm thinking of replacing the motor and regulator but to order it online will take over a week, and to get it done now will cost over $300. Does anyone know how I can get the window up at least until I can fix it permanently or even if there is a possible quick fix for this?

dynasty

Reaction score
my dad's old van used to do that. just try to force with your hands to pull it up while pressing the switch up. if not, i would put a bag over it.

another thing is, you could try to take apart your door panel and see if you could raise. here's a write-up about how to do custom fabrication to the door panel but just use it as a reference to take apart your door panel. good luck

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
thsi same thing happened in a brand new odessey yesterday at my dealership. the window slider or frame or w/e wasnt lubed at all. see if you can get into your door pannel and put some silicon spray or something in that channel or whatever it is and see if that fixes the problem.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
So, you're having problems getting it up huh?
LOL
Just kidding.

As previously states, try using some silicone or WD-40 on the track and motor.
for a quick remedy, have someone hold the power windo switch up as you physically pull up the the window.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Also check that the window is aligned. I'm not familar with accords but most cars have some adjustment. IT's easy to assume it's the motor but if it moves a tiny bit, it's most likely either not aligned or too much friction is stopping it.

traxxxstar

Reaction score
Thanx it does move a little so I'll try some WD-40 and see if I can force it up.
Sorry that I slow to get back, but I only have internet at work and not too much free time to surf.

minituck04

Reaction score
lol. he has to use lube to get it up. GL on yoru situation bro. put your car in the garage if you have one

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
my front passenger window does this actually....just like they said....get it up far enough to get a hold of and someone push the switch while u pull....u get kinda good at and can do it while holdin button and pull wit one hand...

traxxxstar

Reaction score
minituck04 said:
lol. he has to use lube to get it up. GL on yoru situation bro. put your car in the garage if you have one
Real funny
But anyway it didn't work. I'm just gonna have to replace the regulator, it's in the mail now. Thanx for all of the help.

Back