Wheel volume control?

Bobster

Reaction score
I searched to no avail. I want to upgrade my head unit but dont want to lose my volume controls on my steering wheel. What do yall do about this? Its a 98 EX V6 Sedan. Thanks

dynasty

Reaction score
err, i'm not sure if it's possible. you have to get an OEM Honda or maybe Acura headunit in replace. i used to have a 4runner with the controls on my steering wheel and i would have a Scion headunit just because i think it looks cool. it still worked for me, so you could try out some Acura's headunit or maybe some newer model Accords if you like. other than that, if you get an aftermarket one, there are some which comes with controllers on the steering wheel also, which could be sold seperately.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
You can keep them with certain radios. Pionner and Sony(****) have a wired remote port that can support that companies wired remote. You can also convert it to a wireless remote, but it takes ten sets of hands to program the thing. The OEM controller is an extra wire in the radio wiring harness.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
just hit up crutchfield with the question, they'll just ask for your head unit info and let you know what will work if there are any options

Sinful

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
You can keep them with certain radios. Pionner and Sony(****) have a wired remote port that can support that companies wired remote. You can also convert it to a wireless remote, but it takes ten sets of hands to program the thing. The OEM controller is an extra wire in the radio wiring harness.

Has anyone tried this^

I just installed my headunit today, but i cut the remote wires because i thought they were only for the wireless remote, which i don't need/care for. But i didn't know on some sony headunits, you could do that, and my steering wheel controls would be useful =\ If anyone has tried this would you mind telling me which wires they are? thanks.

Hlover

Reaction score
so the ex v6 came with a radio control on the steering wheel. my mothers 03 has that but my 99 ex 4cly does not.

Back