auto tranny flush

cg6boi

Reaction score
uhm, i havent changed my fluid in like 55K miles......i need to know how to do this...any help would be aprreciated, thanks guys

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tools:

3/8 Ratchet
Fluid
Funnel
Pan
Jack
Jack stands

Jack car up and put on jack stands. Drain for auto tranny is on pass. side, loosen drain bolt, drain fluid into pan. Put bolt back, add fluid. While on jack stands, start car and bring and hold to 2k rpms in 1st, lower rpms, up to 2nd, lower rpms...etc. Drop the car and drive it. Repeat once more for your final fill.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Oil change places will do them. They basically power blast your tranny with a mix of tranny fluid and solvents. It's terrible on a Honda auto.

Quinchu

Reaction score
Stupid question, but I haven't done this to my car yet, and I don't think the previous owners did it either. The guy I bought it from doesn't live around here anymore..

My car has close to 94k miles on it, just wondering if the tranny would have failed by now if it hasn't been done in the life time of the car... Going to call around and see how much it is to do this, because I'm afraid I'm gonna fuk up my car.. x-x;

Back