Brakes

jonblizz

Reaction score
AYITE FELLAS,
HERE'S MY PROBLEM, ONCE AGAINTHE BRAKE LIGHT IS ON IN THE AC, I KNOW ITS MY ROTORS AND MAYBE PADS THAT NEED TO GO B/C IVE BEEN BUYYING CHEAP *** PADS AND NEVER TOUCHED THE ROTORS . QUESTION IS WHAT DO U GUYS SUGGEST FOR ROTORS AND PADS I NEED SOMETHING THATS GONNA LAST FOR A WHILE , NOT SOMETHING IM GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERY 8-10 MONTHS LIKE IVE BEEN DOING.
OH I HAVE AN 01 LX SEDAN 4CYL WITH THE 4 LUG PATTERN:eek:
THANX :D

Last edited:

klee

Reaction score
jonblizz said:
AYITE FELLAS,
HERE'S MY PROBLEM, ONCE AGAINTHE BRAKE LIGHT IS ON IN THE AC, I KNOW ITS MY ROTORS AND MAYBE PADS THAT NEED TO GO B/C IVE BEEN BUYYING CHEAP *** PADS AND NEVER TOUCHED THE ROTORS . QUESTION IS WHAT DO U GUYS SUGGEST FOR ROTORS AND PADS I NEED SOMETHING THATS GONNA LAST FOR A WHILE , NOT SOMETHING IM GONNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH EVERY 8-10 MONTHS LIKE IVE BEEN DOING.
OH I HAVE AN 01 LX SEDAN 4CYL WITH THE 4 LUG PATTERN:eek:
THANX :D

Personally a decent set of Brembo blanks is decent enough for plain old street driving. If you are looking for something different then go with slotted. I wouldn't touch crossed drilled rotors with a 10 foot pole. If you are on a budget you can't go wrong with Raybestos blanks and pads. Don't cheap out on your brakes. It's the only thing that will stop you from kissing a wall or a car. Do them yourself if you have the tools and time. It's super easy and the shops will generally rip you off.

Decent Rotors:
Raybestos blanks
Brembo blanks and slotted
Power Slots

Decent Brake Pads:
EBC green
Hawk HPs
Axxis Metal Masters
Raybestos

EDIT: Admins/Mods please move to the proper area

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The brake light is on? Like on your console? If thats the case, you have light burned out in one of your taillights. Nothing to do w/ the actual brakes.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
okay i'm not a big fan of all caps so i didn't read the whole thing, but basically i'm going to agree 100% w/ what klee said lol

retroshark

Reaction score
umm i have another solution. when you say brake light, do you mean the same light that comes on when you put on your ebrake?

Muyo

Reaction score
We pretty much all have that problem. Its either that your brake fluid is low, your emergency brake sensor is out, or the last one, your emergency brake handle has become loose and it need to be tightened.

jonblizz

Reaction score
Muyo said:
We pretty much all have that problem. Its either that your brake fluid is low, your emergency brake sensor is out, or the last one, your emergency brake handle has become loose and it need to be tightened.

ILL CHECK THE FLUID LEVEL SOMETIME TODAY, THE EBAKE HANDLE COULD ALSO BE A GOOD CAUSE ,CUZ IVE JUST RECENTLYSTARTED USING IT, WHERE IS THE SENSOR LOCATED ,IS IT CHEAP IF I NEED TO REPLACE IT

klee

Reaction score
Wildman said:
okay i'm not a big fan of all caps so i didn't read the whole thing, but basically i'm going to agree 100% w/ what klee said lol

LOL I'm not a huge fan of reading that either so I assumed brake pads since I quickly scanned. Either way, it's a bad thing if he has a dash light coming on. 99% of the times, it will be brake fluid.

retroshark

Reaction score
jonblizz said:

its not the fluid level. go to the honda dealership, tell them the lights on and ask for the parts for the brake fluid resovoir floater and filter. costs 5 dollars and your problem will be gone. just did mine the other week and most 6th genners get it. DO NOT LET HONDA DO THIS FOR YOU, IT IS REALLY EASY TAKES 5 MINUTES BUT THEY CHARGE $50 TO DO IT!

dealerships suck

Back