Vehicle service ramps

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Since I have a garage now, I figured it was about time I invested in my own set of ramps. I'm a bit old fashioned and wanted to buy metal ones, but I haven't found any yet that I liked and/or were good for lowered cars. Anyway, this has gotten more complicated than I thought possible, lol.

I was about to go with some Rhino ramps when I read way too many bad reviews (some scary) and changed my mind:
http://www.amazon.com/Blitz-11903-Rhino-Ramp-8000/dp/B000AMMN9O

Then I heard about Race ramps somewhere and looked them up, found these:
http://www.amazon.com/Race-Ramps-RR...TF8&qid=1342023707&sr=8-7&keywords=race+ramps

Says they're only good for 3000 lbs...but the picture shows an old Plymouth on them, and some people in the reviews used them for a Mustang, F-150, 3-Series, etc.

What ramps do you guys/gals use? Thanks.

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I never thought those ramps were practical for lowered cars. The only reason I could see my car actually being able to get on those ramps is because my front bumper is quick release.

I feel like those ramps are only good for stock vehicles. Even with your car I think your car is still to low.

I'll stick with my steal jack stands and jack. They haven't failed me in over 13 years.

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Id stay away from the metal ones. My dad used to have an old set that began to bend, it scares the **** out of me every time I used them. I have some really thick plastic ones from pepboys I think they work good but don't really accommodate my lowered car now.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
i tried using them once, but my driver side splash guard/fender liner ended up getting ripped out and sent flying 15 feet down my driveway :lawl:. i'm cool with using a jack and occasionally jack stands

slowrider87

Reaction score
build your own. thats what i would do. Wood is Cheap, and will hold tons of weight. you can design it so accommodate your height, and to raise the front as high as you think is needed or practical.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Id stay away from the metal ones. My dad used to have an old set that began to bend, it scares the **** out of me every time I used them. I have some really thick plastic ones from pepboys I think they work good but don't really accommodate my lowered car now.

I was actually looking at those ramps they have at pepboys the other day. They seems really sturdy, however I still trust jack stands over that.

cfox28

Reaction score
have you craigslisted it. I have a set of yellow metal ones that i got on craigslist, work fine. I did a quick search in columbus and found 2 in less then a minute. if you're thinking bout coming by columbus anytime soon i could get you a pair(usually 20-40). But I would trust jack stands. and like others i don't know if you would be able to go up a normal ramp

Back