Stroker kit...?

Sonnick

Reaction score
Does anyone know any info on where/how much it would be? I've searched and haven't found a kit for the F23..depending on how much, sounds ok to me, considering I'm a noob on the subject..I could be wrong

Egi7

Reaction score
There arent any stroker kits to my knowledge. I used to look for them a long time ago, but then I figured, it was not a very good idea. The f23 bottem essentially is a stroked H-motor. 97mm stroke in a 2.3 litter 4cyl, as opposed to the 90mm stroke in the h22. The rod to stroke ratio of the f23 has proven to be bad for high rpm breathing, due to piston speed acceleration. It creates good torque and has a better intake charge because more of the cylindar is being displaced, but because if this fast filling of the cylindars, the power doesnt last as long, being that it reaches VE (volumetric effiecincy) quicker. All is not lost, a few real racers (ie: Bisimoto, 2point6, others) have found out the key to "big stroke" motor building, and that is High compression mixed with long strokes, are NA monsters. Contrary to popular belief, I love the f23 bottom end in its current form. My personal thought is, the stroke on the f23 is long enough, if you wanted to bore to 87.5 from 86, that would better way to get more displacement, but stroking would be out of the question in my opinion. Hope it helped :thumbsup:

Last edited:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I don't think you would see much benifit at all for the money unless you went FI. You can already feel the power drop off at a realitively low redline, a stroker would compound this. Now if you were forcing air in, that's different.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just bore it out.

BTW, 87mm is pushing it. 87.5mm is going to make the cylinder walls dangerously thin.

Last edited:
Back