HVACs interchangeable?

Mikey

Reaction score
So me and Dillingham (dharding) are trying to find out what parts, if any, are interchangeable between 98-00 and 0102.

I know there are "will it fit" threads but in my limited searches, I can't find anything about AC units, clocks, vents, etc.

What's happening is, he has a woodgrain surround piece for a 98-00 coupe. I have a 0102 EX v6 coupe.

The general shape looks the same and I know the AC units are not the same but are they interchangeable? Would we just have to swap ac units or clocks and vents, too?

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
if your a 98 and put the 01 hvac in youll need the 01 clock, however the 01 hazard button wont work, you youll have to reuse the 98 hazard button. it doesnt fit perfectly in th clock

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Dillon, just keep the black bezel in there. It looks so much better IMO.

Mikey

Reaction score
Were* trading. :lawl:

It's just too much work. We'd have to hack up our center consoles and send each other different parts. Shame the bezels aren't interchangeable(without needing other parts) or that it's not easier done.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sounds like the only piece that isn't interchangeable is the hazard switch? If I'm understanding correctly you can switch the bezels and clocks, keep the hazard switch that came with the car originally and put it into the new clock. Only hangup is the hazard switch doesn't fit perfectly, but if it still goes in and works....why not do this?

I found a silver bezel an an 01 coupe today at a junkyard, I almost grabbed it but didn't know for sure if the plugs were the same on the back. Sounds like they are?

Mikey

Reaction score
That's where I'm not sure. I'd have no problem swapping AC control units. But IDK for sure that the plugs in the back are the same. I wouldn't see why not but it wouldn't surprise me if they were different.

Back