Sept/Oct Winner! Sleeper Cell

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to Kevin(Sleeper Cell) on winning "Best Coupe" theme. Kevin's coupe have come a long way in terms of innovating the wheel set up game. Every time I see his ride, he will always find new ways to step up his game and continue to inspire everyone. Thanks Kevin for representing the SSM crew.

Best Coupe

8054782071_1eae7dd573_o.jpg

sleper2.jpg

sleepeer3.jpg

1. Is this your first car?
Yes.

2. How did you end up with the accord?
Originally I wanted a 240SX or IS300. Since this is my first car, my mom wouldn't allow me to drive anything too old/unsafe, so the 240SX was out of the picture. I was debating between an IS300 and the Accord at that point. The IS300 that we wanted ended up being sold by the time we were ready to buy, so we just opted for the Accord.

3. When did you first start modifying cars?
As soon as I had the car. The first thing I did to my car was an AEM intake, and that was my junior year of high school. That first tank of gas after I got the intake... What a waste.

4. Did you run into any problems along the way when you were modifying stuff?
Doesn't everyone? For the most part things have gone smoothly with minor hiccups here or there, but I never expect modifying to be easy or straightforward, no matter how simple the task may be.

5. Why do you do it? Why not leave it stock?
The car is boring and lame looking in stock form. It's more convenient to drive, but I like being different than the run of the mill Accord. People ask me why I spend money on a car that is 11 years old and is front wheel drive, and then I ask them how many cool Accords in this generation they've seen.

6. What other mods do you have planned for the car?
Since I have put my new wheels on, I am planning on doing some body work, and getting my subs working again. I want to rework my exhaust, and possibly do a retrofit. Also, I want to focus on my interior as it's probably the most neglected part of the car, modification wise. I'm also seriously considering changing my tire size from 235/40/18 to 245/35/18.

7. Any other cars you're tinkering with?
At the moment, no. I want an S13 or S14 though for a cheap fun car. I may consider getting an FR-S or BRZ if my income permits though, in the future.

8. What's your favorite thing about your car, specifically? Which money do you feel was your best investment?
I'd say either my front lip or my wheels. I love the fact that I'm running an authentic OEM lip that has been modded correctly to fit the 6.5 bumper (MoneyPit style). Right now I have two sets of wheels that are unique. The Works are completely custom and definitely are attention grabbers. When people see 4" stepped lips on an Accord they usually can't believe their eyes. The Gram Lights are super cool because they're rare, discontinued, and in the most aggressive specs that Rays Engineering offered them in. They will be for sale soon though, as I need that money to partially fund the bodywork.

9. Is there anybody you would like to credit or thank for helping you along the way?
Jake, Eric Chang, Keith, my mother, my friends in Spunkyfresh, and any/all supporters of my car.

Stay tuned for the next ROTM theme.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Re: August/September Winner! Sleeper Cell

congrats kevin. definitely well deserved :thumbsup: pretty sure i remember when you first lowered this thing :lawl:

Back