crash

silencer

Reaction score
hey guys, just thought it might be a good idea to share my accident experience.
i was going south on highway 405 (in seattle) and the traffic was bad. and suddenly the truck in front of me stopped and i stepped on the brake right away, but my car skid right into the truck. (i am thinking maybe those studded tires gave me much less tractions than what i am supposed to have)
so...that means i got into an accident. My front end is totally smashed. the shop is gonna figure out if the crash damanged the engine or not, but it's likely it damaged the header and everything in front of it. The truck i hit appears to have no damage at ALL. and ironically...my front bumper is totally fine except that it fell off after the crash.
so basically everything above bumper height is pushed way in to almost the engine. the shop is gonna give me a exact price after they take things apart, but i got an estimate for about $5k.
i don't have insurance covering myself so everything goes out from my pocket. and of course, i don't really have to pay much for the truck because it got no damage. (damn, i want a truck now). but even if i do, the insurance covers his part.

i will probably work something out with the shop and see if anything they are gonna replace can use aftermarket ones. before then...got any suggestion? places recommended for parts?

(BTW, this shop is like 400miles away from my place, i came from eatern washington to the coast for a tournament i am competing in tomorrow. i don't really want to spend extra $1k to just get it towed back to eastern washington.)

Last edited:

silencer

Reaction score
yeah, got several pix. will post them when i get back after the weekend.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
CARBON FIBER HOOD CARBON FIBER HOOD!!!! haha. and get a list of wahts damaged, cuz if its not even that hard of stuffs, you could prolly DIY and save an as5 load of money.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
glad u're ok.... man, u're lucky the guy in the truck was nice not to report this to the authorities.... if he did, u'll be in big trouble as u dun have insurance (i'm guessing)...anyways, hope u can get the car back in shape.. like sketch said, get a cf hood and forget abt all the cost of painting a hood :)

silencer

Reaction score
i do have insurance, just not covering myself if i have damages (liability only). And the cop said he's gonna mail me a ticket, saying that is an accident and stuff, sounds like he is putting me at fault.
i heard CF cracks at extreme cold, is that true? 'cos i don't have a garage and my car pretty much have to suffer through the cold when it's fixed so i don't know. And i do want to have the option to do a lot of my stuff, but i will be 400 miles away without transportation which kinda make it really hard to do so unless i ship the parts to the shop.
i'll post the list up when i get it.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, i think that pretty much whenever you rearend someone, your considered at fault, even if the person in front of you slams on there brakes, or lik brake checks you, and if you hit them, your at fault cuz you could be considered tailgating or something like that. but yea, that still really sucks man, its good that youre fine tho. i gotta stock radiator cap if youll need it, haha, just bought and put on a mugen one yesterday:D

silencer

Reaction score
crash15qw.jpg

crash25uf.jpg

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
ouch....make sure u put something over the engine bay and electrical components b4 the rain causes more damage

Back