Sideskirt Q's

acrod99

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever put on sideskirts themselves? If so, what kind of adhesives did you use :confused: ? My ABS M3 sides attach directly to the stock ss, but they bow out on either end. i have some silicone stuff i'm gonna try, and we tried some double-sided tape, but that is coming apart (looked sick when they were on good though). any suggestions will help. thanks

acrod99

Reaction score
that was always in the back of my mind, but i didn't want to have to bondo. i'm really lookin for a good plastic to plastic adhesive.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
The best one I know is 3mm double sided tape. But I'd still use the screws to be safe.
Last thing you want is to be driving down the highway and your bodykit comes off and all the domestic guys are looking/laughing

acrod99

Reaction score
Im trying the silicone this weekend-the setup time for it is like 24hrs, so i won't be able to drive much. oh well. thanks for the help

ryon527

Reaction score
i would just use a really good 3m double sided tape down the length of the side skirt and 2 screws in the wheel wells. My moms explorer has a bug deflector on it an that is only attached with 3m tape and it hasn't moved at all.

acrod99

Reaction score
well it's official-i'm lazy! haha. i partied on friday, was hungover on saturday, and went to a bmw tuning shop and a junkyard on sunday, so no sideskirting was done. BUT this weekend, i'm gonna get better 3m stuff and do it, as well as install my second sparco seat. thanks again for all the help.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i drank tonight. it's monday.

does that make me an alcoholic?

alright cool i didn't think so either lol

acrod99

Reaction score
Wildman-my answer is maybe. haha. we had a sweet bonfire and lots of 101 at the party i was at. were you alone, man? cause gettin shatfaced alone is no fun.

Back