my suspension rattles a lot help

oholdeno

Reaction score
i bought this car used with eibach pro kit and koni yellows and the pos rattles when it goes over any bumps. it just sounds like something's loose. it doesn't make much noise on the highway.

i can't tell if it's coming from the front or rear. where can i look when i take a peek under the car?

minituck04

Reaction score
dude mine makes a similar noise. only comes from the front right corner. but it goes away when i hit the brakes. so i dont know if its the brakes or suspension. cuz if i apply the brakes it squeezes the rotor but also shifts the weight of the car forward. so i dont k now.

rwong410

Reaction score
I have a thunking/clunking in my front right corner as well. It was just after I had my Sportline and Tokico blues installed....no idea what is causing it though.....

hilodaze

Reaction score
yah i have the same problem. i have tein ss-p on. i checked and torqued everything to spec. still makes the noise.

minituck04

Reaction score
did that the other day. and well its rock solid. so im thinking its my pads rattling around in my calipers. because when i apply the brakes lightly and i mean lightly the rattle goes away.

hilodaze

Reaction score
do you think it could be from the actual spring moving or spinning that could be making that sound? i have a 88 corolla gts with eibach prokit and kybs and it makes the same sound. what are the possible reasons for the sound. i love the ride and the handling, but that noise is killing it.

Sinful

Reaction score
I think my car is the same. I have stock suspension but i have rims. Whenever im driving on a sorta bumpy road, sometimes straight, it makes a weird rattling squealing kinda noise.

ohh and i was looking at some accord stuff on consumerguide and look what i found:

1998-2002 Honda Accord: Reliability
Trouble Spots

Suspension noise: Loose nuts on the rear stabilizer bar cause it to rattle. (1998)

I dont know if thats it or not..

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com/1998-to-2002-honda-accord-2.htm

Last edited:
Back