ebay projectors

xluben

Reaction score
i did the diy black housing on the oem lights, but i'm not super satisfied. the driver's side had a lot of dust in it and it ate away some of the reflective coating (so they don't look very good, output is not noticeably different though). also, that light was really hazy, so i polished it and it looked much better, but i can already tell that it's going to get really scratched up very quickly.

i like the look of projectors, and i'm not too concerned about output, i've never really had an issue with it (in any car).

i've seen tyc's recommended, but they're double that of the other ebay headlights. this is what i'm looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...K:MEWA:PIC&viewitem=&item=200072583573&rd=1,1

i'd probably stick the 9005 sylvania silverstars (hi beams) in for hi and low to help output.

am i going to be satisfied? or will they cause me problems. i just don't really wanna spend nearly as much on new oem's just to have to black them out again.

also, are there any good taillights out there (cheap)?

this is all i could find:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...K:MEWA:PIC&viewitem=&item=200073061311&rd=1,1

i think they look alright.

dynasty

Reaction score
for headlights, i don't recommend ebay projectors because of the output of course but i'm sure you said it won't mind you at all. but if you like it, go for it. i like it because of the angle eyes halos. other than that, it looks okay. not all that great.

for tail lights, i highly recommend NOT to get altezza whatsoever, i rather tint my OEM black like crazy than altezza. it's not because it's out of style, it's just because you want to rice it out where people will call you a ricer. i'm not sure if that bothers you but it bothers me if someone calls my car rice even though i have a honda. LOL. but the ebay projectors is as far as i would go.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
onoz...

oem tinting ftmfw
DSC00814-1.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just get the blackhoused headlights and some bulbs. Not those projectors or the altezzas.

xluben

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
for headlights, i don't recommend ebay projectors because of the output of course but i'm sure you said it won't mind you at all. but if you like it, go for it. i like it because of the angle eyes halos. other than that, it looks okay. not all that great.

for tail lights, i highly recommend NOT to get altezza whatsoever, i rather tint my OEM black like crazy than altezza. it's not because it's out of style, it's just because you want to rice it out where people will call you a ricer. i'm not sure if that bothers you but it bothers me if someone calls my car rice even though i have a honda. LOL. but the ebay projectors is as far as i would go.

yeah, i do like the look of the projectors, hopefully output wouldn't bother me.

i'm also thinking the altezza's are a bad choice, wish there was something better.....

FallenAngelHIM said:
couldn't you also use the ebay projectors with some PnP HIDs and call it a day?

i was thinking projectors, and some silverstars, then possibly hid's if i get money.

ryan s said:
onoz...

oem tinting ftmfw

i did the headlights (see sig), but they're condition beforehand has left them looking less-than-perfect :(

BlkCurrantKord said:
Just get the blackhoused headlights and some bulbs. Not those projectors or the altezzas.

i kinda like the look of the projectors over the black housed oem-style.

PS. where the hell are the 'multi-quote' buttons!?!?!?

xluben

Reaction score
ryan s said:
noooooo not silverstars

http://hirheadlights.com

^^i have them, silverstars cant compare

dont get any bulbs with a coating on them...it just reduces output.

costs about twice as much as silverstars, too.

why are they so hard to find? (only place i could find is that guys ebay auction)

Back