DIY: coolant by pass and breather

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
could somebody post a DIY on the coolant bypass with pictures.
also, can someone diagram where a breather would go?
thanks.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
NewBay1.jpg

Here's the picture of my breather, pretty self explanitory. They have ZERO use on an NA motor. I also have a breather on the nipple on my intake pipe.

Nemo619

Reaction score
What's the real benefit of using that little thing? I thought about buying one, but never really heard much about them.

Datsrboi

Reaction score
Nemo619 said:
What's the real benefit of using that little thing? I thought about buying one, but never really heard much about them.

Its really no point. It was really design for people who wanted to keep oil out of their intake. But it can do more harm then good since it does not provide suction so the heat from inside the manifold stays inside there. On a few cars Ive work on before I notice sluge build up on the crank area since the car produce so much heat from being boosted. DONT do the breather thing. If you must get them oil catch reserve setup. I dont know if the ebay ones are good but they will look like this. On our car it might be ok since the F23 arnt over work but I do know on V6 or higher performance car, IT WILL HURT your wallet. Get something like this.

greddyoil15a.jpg

Back