Exhaust Marbles

Ø1accord

Reaction score
Ok so I was checking my tire pressure las night and kept hearing a rattling noise coming from my car. I got near the rear muffler and nada...I peeped my head under the car on the driver side near the rear wheel and heard a sound that sounded like marbles, or something rattling inside the little muffler, or resonator I believe. At first I though it was an exhaust leak, but now I think it's something inside the resonator. It's sounds kind of like when a CAT is baffling. Is this normal? It's not loud, but when you peep your head down there you can hear it, so I assume it's not normal. I recorded a little clip w/my digital camare so I'll load it when I get home.....
Thanks guys/gals

N4TECguy

Reaction score
Check your heat shields and all the rubber hangers and other mounts.

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
i hear the same thing!!! i don't know what it is!!! it sounds like how an exhaust would sound on idle...something like that.

Ø1accord

Reaction score
Thanks fellas! I asked my brother too, he thinks the same. I'm pretty sure it's not the CAT 'cause that's up front. I just want to be clear on the exhaust, starting from the exhaust manifold back: 1) CAT converter, 2)cylinder shape object right behind the CAT, 3)I assume it's a resonator and finally 4)Exhaust Muffler. If I where to have the resonator removed and just add a stainless steel 2.5" pipe back to the muffler, would that have any negative effects?

chomorro21

Reaction score
I think not enough back pressure will actually make you lose power and cause a mis fire. Thats what i hear anyways, i know on my turbo lude no back pressure was great because the turbo gave enough, but when i went to stock with no back pressure there was weird pops decelerating etc etc. I had tanabe exhaust with a test pipe i dont know if removing the resonator would do the same but it might.

Back