cheapest drop

cg6boi

Reaction score
in actuality i ran these same coilovers on some tokico HP's for quite a while when i first got the car and i must say that they are not that bad, just a lil bouncy and the bumpstops wear out easily, jsut be careful on poyholes cu zthe bumpstops do wear out fast that you might bottom out so just be careful, all in all it is true you get what you pay for but mine lasted a whole year and the only reason i replaced them is cuz i wanted some name brand ones....but i must say that NRG is only 100 bucks and they are great, but in the mean time the 40 dollar (price plus shipping) tag is something to be happy about

xluben

Reaction score
well, what should i be looking for?

any good links?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
If you cut or heat your springs I will slap you and kick your balls over and over until you puke your intestines. Save the money and do it right, you're better off buying some cheap, off brand refurbished springs from eBay than cutting or heating your OEM ones.

thatonedude

Reaction score
just save your money and get a good set of springs like tein s-tech

dynasty

Reaction score
i highly recommend buying the GOOD stuff. you can check on classifies here or v6p.net to find used ones. but DO NOT buy the ebay springs because my friend bought them EVEN when i told him not to, he blew his shocks/struts. he regret it soo much he waste money on authentic japanese parts directly from japan. LOL. but get some H&R springs or something since they are cheap.

here are some suggested brand springs: H&R sport/race springs, Eibach, Tein. i highly recommend you reading this article. i read the whole thing and i finally understand what's what. haha.
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6629

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the cheepest drop is the worst drop. with suspension, money really does mean everything. i cheeped out on my first set of coilovers, and bam, they broke. got the skunks and the car was fine after that. thats been my experience, i bought tokico illuminas and had them with both coilover sleeves and theyre still fine tho, but theyre a good product.

dynasty

Reaction score
cheap suspension could lead to bad handling which could cause a collision OR could also cause your wheel to fall off which your car could be totaled so do the right way, if not, keep it stock!

Back