Greekpizzas G23 turbo build (UPDATED:2/2/2013)

greekpizza

Reaction score
So i will be Rebuilding my engine, pulling the whole thing out and redoing everything. The car has multiple small issues, leaking oil, master cylinder, distributor, and exhaust leaks. im not really surprised this car was my daily i also went on multiple long distance road trips so the car has really held up well in my opinion. I recently got a daily(srt4) so ive decided to go a different direction with the car. Gonna be going for a street legal track car.

Parts list so far:
h22 head gasket
Large ebay intercooler
AEM fuel Rail
Adjustable FPR
h22 head
h22 intake manifold
f23 throttle body
h22 stock cams
h22 valve cover
h22 distributor
BWR Exhaust Gas Recirculation delete plate
h22 lower timing gear
CP f23 forged pistons stock bore
stock f23 rods
stock f23 crank
obx ramhorn t3/t4 turbo manifold
gfb boost controller
godspeed turbo
acl bearings
arp main studs
arp headstuds
obx intercooler kit
custom vibrant turbo back exhaust with electric cutout
38mm tial wastegate
dsm 450cc (looking for some 800cc+)

Custom work needed:
block off 2 oil passages on the h22a head(done)
custom water pipe
f23 water pump with h22 gear

Day 1 Tear Down:
img1193jy.jpg

img1204quq.jpg

img1201uh.jpg

Update:3/26/13 Engine is out
img12241.png

img12191d.jpg

img12201j.jpg

Small update4/16/13:
So ive got everything apart, ive also pulled the radiator and all AC components. I will be using a aluminum radiator instead with slim fans. Although OEM did me just fine on 6psi. I will also be using a f22 intake manifold. I used the blacktrax converter plate on the last build and it worked fine but I had no clearance on the firewall and was actually rubbing against it pretty bad. I pulled the engine harness as well gonna clean that all up with some heat shrink. Still trying to get out the main harness out of the firewall. Not sure whats holding it up. After I get that removed I will pull the subframe and brake lines. Then the bay will get a nice coat of purple and I get to reinstall everything I ripped out. Also anyone know how to pull the brake booster? little confused on that one. are there bolts on the inside of the firewall?
img1239cx.jpg

Free set of Slicks I got for the quarter
mhquu.jpg

1058l7p.jpg

6/4/2013 update:
So I Got hooked up from my good buddy Tim with an h22 so I decided to go with a g23 build, why not. So as of now the next step is to take the f23 block and h22 head to the machine shop. Two oil passages on the h22 head must be plugged for those who aren't familiar with the g23 Conversion. After that Im ready to begin assembly. I will be using an obx ram horn turbo manifold for this and having a good friend go over the welds on it for me. Ill let you know how this holds up. Still gonna be using the same .48 trim t3/t4 I had on the f23 turbo build. Stay tuned!!
2upg5yt.jpg

1e4fG4f.jpg

8/8/2013:
Bottom end and Head are at the machine shop getting all the necessaries done. Rehone, rebuilding the block, building the head, and Filling the two oil passages on the H22 head that dont correspond with the ones on the f23. Also getting CP pistons installed. I also received my new OBX H22 Ramhorn Header, I expect to receive some slack for this but after it go here i was quite surprised, the quality is pretty good, Also comes with a lifetime warranty. So thats the update, stay tuned.
ramhorn.jpg
[/url]
Uploaded with ImageShack.com
am18.jpg

6u0f.jpg

780a.JPG

y1rr.jpg

vmqa.jpg

6xtg.jpg

yibq.jpg

UPDATE:
as of now waiting on a good amount of hardware, custom water pump, and an exhaust cam cap then the engine will be going in the car.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: Greekpizza F23 turbo Rebuild

That is a lot of work, but the plans sound cool. Good luck man, hope everything works out well.

Your girl is a champ for even coming around during this, haha.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Getting right in to it, nice.

Umm....what's she sitting there for, keeping the seat warm, if she is going to be in the garage, she needs to help!

:lawl:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

or bring you a beer! ...somethin.

*waits for Bax

greekpizza

Reaction score

Getting right in to it, nice.

Umm....what's she sitting there for, keeping the seat warm, if she is going to be in the garage, she needs to help!

hahah yes plan is to pull the engine tomorrow so have to get a move on. haha she helps a little, not as much as my last girl.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

hahah yes plan is to pull the engine tomorrow so have to get a move on. haha she helps a little, not as much as my last girl.

Sooo....the last girl was replaced, because.......:ugh:

hahahaha....j/k.

Was the first build the first time you did a build, or just things didn't run as smoothly as planned?

greekpizza

Reaction score

Sooo....the last girl was replaced, because.......:ugh:

hahahaha....j/k.

Was the first build the first time you did a build, or just things didn't run as smoothly as planned?

Thats correct im a self taught mechanic like alot of us on here, Ive had the head off the block 3 times i think. This was my first turbo setup which i pieced together myself and the fact that it ran this long was good for me. haha But im defiantly learning i never thought id know as much as i do, being that im self taught, and now im about to do my first engine pull so im excited! :thumbsup:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

That's awesome, all the best this time around.

scrapnav6

Reaction score

GL with the build man. while your in there I would clean up the bay a little and maybe paint?

On a side note, Ive never heard of someone buying an srt4 as a daily when you already own a honda... Just sayn.

Back