will this be a problem....

cg6boi

Reaction score
i scrapped the plan to turn the rear part of the car in2 a custom audio area and decided to use the trunk for this purpose instead, but i also wanna get a CF trunk later on in the future and was wondering if the light weight trunk will rattle so bad that it will break/crack/be really annoying....anyone have any personal knowledge or at least a educated guess......just some mental masturbation for you guys to think on

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
From what I've heard the areas around whre you bolt on the CF trunk lids can get worn over time, I would think that putting this added stress on these area would just cause it to wear out faster. If your going to fork over the money to put a CF trunk lid on your car I would suggest toning down your stereo plans.

Really I guess you just should decide what your going for with your car. Are you going more for show than performance or vice versa I had a buddy in FL that had a Talon TSI with 3 JL's in the trunk and he was continuously tighening down his spoiler because it rattled so bad. His wiper on his rear windshield didn't even work anymore, it just kinda layed there and bounced around a lot.

cg6boi

Reaction score
i had a 2g Eclipse with a whole audio set up and tons of performance to boot and never had a problem...then again i didnt have a CF trunk either....hmmmm, maybe i'll just paint the trunk a nice jet black

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I would think if anything the only issue you would run into is fitment. If it fits fine, i don't think you would have any trouble. CF is strong and it should rattle more because it's lighter.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
If it's constructed correctly and high quality when you flick the lid with your finger it should sound like steel. So if you get a good one it should be fine. I doubt you're pushing enough DB to create the sound pressure.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, i don't think you will have any problems with the strength of a quality trunk. The only problems i would see if it's poor quality, poor fitment. But you would have the same with a steal trunk if they made poor quality ones in the same way you can find poor quality CF.

6THGEN_AI4

I don't like the sound of the trunk with that loud music...is so guetto....

Back