Automatic shifter knob

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,
I am looking at replacing my automatic gear shifter and wanted to know if anyone has done this before and to see how easy it would be to do the change on our 6th gens.
I do know that my shift knob doesn't have the overdrive button and just the button to switch the gears, but I just want to see if either of these fit it and not have to do any modification to switch it out.
Here's my choices:
black shifter from pilot

momo black shifter

If you have seen any other automatic shift knobs feel free to post a link.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Yes, avoid those, lol.

I think I might have had a thread on this awhile back. I personally dislike the top-button knobs and the non-buttons ones you have to push down on.

I really want one from a newer Cadillac CTS...

Cadillac-CTS-2010-Image-Interior-01-1024.jpg

2010-Cadillac-CTS-Sport-Wagon-4.jpg

They're just like $180, lol.

The issue you're gonna run into with switching knobs is the button. I like the side button but some don't. If you get a knob without a button you either have to push down on it or have the shift lock constantly engaged. Some people don't mind that but bump the knob and you're going into Neutral or even Reverse, lol.

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
^ yeah that is pretty sick.

Waaaaayyy too much though. Both of those have a button and I really just want something more stylish but not looking for a leather knob though. I only put it in drive and reverse so it won't be much moving involved. I am leaning more towards the Momo knob but I haven't really found any others that look clean and sleek without leather.

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
I thought of doing that man, but I am not crazy about looking at a shift boot just collecting dust and all kinds of junk on it. I could really care less that I drive a automatic and don't care that much to try and hide it. I have Just never been a fan of the boot in the first place.

Probably not going to go that route.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
I put a tall extender on mine. It's seriously a foot tall now. :lawl: I'm not done with the paint yet but it looks sweet and had a grenade for the knob. Haha it's stupidly ridiculous. :lawl:

Ill post a pic soon.

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
^^kyle that sounds crazy. I have seen the revolver butt with trigger but a grenade is a little much.

^thanks Chris I will see if I can find him on here and look for a pic.

Just a matter of quality between the two choices..but really the only other ones I have found look like a rocket ship control module. Ugly

If anyone else has seen anything better chime in.

Akingkhan

Reaction score
I know my cars filthy n all but here's a pic of mine
image_zpsed32cc51.jpg

It's short n is comfortable idk I like it lol

Back