Garage Build for Auto Detailing(UPDATED 5/2 PG11)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
I moved into this house my parents bought 4 months ago, and compared to the old house, this garage is a lot bigger/roomier. At the moment, there are a lot of stuff that is just piled up and I need to figure out where each item is going to go. This will be the start of my clean up/build of the garage to assist my auto detailing needs. Progress, and updates will take a while because I only have free time on weekends, and I need to plan things out carefully so I don't spend on anything unnecessary at this time. My goal is to set it up so I can fit one car inside to work on, and have an efficient work area where I can access each equipment, and chemical without much effort. Here are some pictures of the garage.

Old garage work area.

New garage work area

Left side of the garage

Right side corner

Right side.

Made enough room for one 5 tier shelf at the moment, but will continue to add one more. All the wood in the corner will eventually be cleared out to somewhere else. Starting to load some of the chemicals on the shelf. For lighting, as you can see in the last 2 pictures, I only have 4 strips of shop lights up and one strip of shop light for the right side currently. This will be another project in the future. I will add more shop lights to brighten up the place so I can see defects easier. Hope you guys will enjoy the journey with me. :jae:

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: My slow progress garage build for auto detailing

Wow dude that has tons of potential. Good luck with the reorganization!

todd_cards

Reaction score

awesome good luck in the future man! should look great

Narftastic

Reaction score

This is awesome!

I love detailing, wish you were closer I would love to help set up and maybe get some detailing pointers.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow dude that has tons of potential. Good luck with the reorganization!

Thx chris. Its going to be exciting to see the transformation.

awesome good luck in the future man! should look great

Thx. With hard work and dedication, good things will happen.

This is awesome!

I love detailing, wish you were closer I would love to help set up and maybe get some detailing pointers.

Thx vlad. I will be posting some reviews on products.

Last edited:

LeAccord

Reaction score
Re: My garage build for auto detailing

Congrats on obtaining a larger workspace . Looks quite spacious once its been cleared up a bit. Hell, you could almost even fit a small car lift in there :lawl: But you probably don't need one..
Have fun reorganising the place. Reorganising the place is the fun bit lol. Looking forward to seeing the transformation :thumbsup:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Nice one Lemmie, definitely room and looks like will be well organized. We should have a garages show-off thread lol. Mine's pretty high up there on the list, it's jam, packed with 4 cars and a sled right now haha.. and anything you can think of minus a lift, and dyno, both of which I have been looking for.

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score

i work at a detail shop :hide:

let me know if you need any more help but in your space id probably put my detailing spray bottles(like interior shampoo, degreaser, tire shine, water, etc) on the edges of the shelf just hanging. probably would put orbital and buffing wheels on the bottom. pads, microfibers, wash cloths, and sponges on one of the middle shelves. then all specialty products like waxes and clay on another middle shelf. maybe use the top for wash buckets and brushes. At my shop we have flourescent tubes on the walls too for added glare to see imperfections and such, might be hard to do in that garage though.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score

Looks good. Let me know when you want to upgrade your lights I have tons of fixtures all shapes and sizes. I just hooked all mine up to a sensor and love it. I'm not to far away and always down to help out another member.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Loving your new garage. This really makes me wanna clean out my garage, b/c it's so messy right now. Gl w/ your project!

....We should have a garages show-off thread lol.
That's a nice idea. That would motivate some ppl to clean their garage as well lol.

Back