Leather Swap Info

Solidus

Reaction score
So recently I did a Leather Swap for the 6th Gen Accord and thought Id share some info that might help others that want to do a Leather Swap. Still deciding if I want to do a write up for this process.

SO the company that makes the actual OEM Leather for Honda is TripleWell.
Not sure if you can buy straight from them but if you want an EXACT OEM cover they are the ones who make it. Should be a lot cheaper than buying through Honda.

The Vinyl to leather ratio for OEM Leather is exactly like this

-Front row has full leather seating surface with matching vinyl side trim and backs
-Second row has full leather Center seating surface sections with matching vinyl outside bolsters and side trim

Also if you decide to buy through LeatherSeats.com the colors they offer that best match

OEM Mild Beige = Adobe
OEM Dark Graphite = Black or Dark Graphite
OEM Gray = Ash would probably be best for this

As for Katzkin when I contacted them to do the interior they never got back to me so I went with LeatherSeats.com.

I have to say the quality of the LeatherSeats.com covers look Great in the 6th Gen Accord.

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
No pics? I have been interested and wanted to see what the colors and fit would be on the leather covers.

Solidus

Reaction score
I will take a photo of the finished interior and post it as soon as I can so others interested can see what LeatherSeats.com covers look like in the 6th Gen Accord.

Mikey

Reaction score
Something I'd like to point out, 98-00 leather is textured differently than 0102. The 98-00 is more smooth while the 0102 is almost a rougher, more textured type. I'm curious if this Leatherseats.com knows that. I'm certain TripleWell does, as they made the covers but third party companies may not.

Solidus

Reaction score
Something I'd like to point out, 98-00 leather is textured differently than 0102. The 98-00 is more smooth while the 0102 is almost a rougher, more textured type. I'm curious if this Leatherseats.com knows that. I'm certain TripleWell does, as they made the covers but third party companies may not.

Mikey you are right. In 01 and after Honda did several changes to the accord and thats why its important for people to do research. The OEM leather for 98-00 is very smooth and leatherseats.com does have leather that matches this level of smooth and does even better its called the ecstasy collection. That ecstasy collection has matching colors for black and gray interior 6th gen Accords but does not have a matching color for Mild Beige in this collection. Ivory is close but it is way to light. The smooth grain is also much more expensive due to stamping process the leather has to go through. Thats why current cars even with Honda have a less smooth look in texture.

You can still go with the regular collection from LeatherSeats.com because it is still really smooth and as you break them in they will get smoother over time. Plus you should with any leather do your 1-2 time a year leather conditioning to keep it in great shape.

I can tell you first hand that from doing this project myself the OEM covers are much thiner than LeatherSeats.com covers.

cfox28

Reaction score
looks surprisingly good! how much did you drop on this? And do have covers to work with the 6.5 gen headrest?

Solidus

Reaction score
looks surprisingly good! how much did you drop on this? And do have covers to work with the 6.5 gen headrest?

Thanks. It will run you about 600 for Fronts only and 1000 for entire. The ecstasy collection will run you much more. I used Adobe and installed myself. If you have a professional install for you it will run you roughly 100 or more a seat not counting panel inserts so i did mine myself.

And Yes they do sell the kit to accommodate for the side airbag and headrest changes.

Back