Weight of RIMS

B12ucehuy

Reaction score
Does any know the weight of the rim below. What is a good weight of a RIM with out tire 17inch. And is this a good brand THANKS!

sportmax_006_(gunmetal_sr)_angle_zoom.jpg

Phut

Reaction score
could just call up the manufacturer or edgeracing.com to get the specs.

minituck04

Reaction score
i just sold mine. i had them in 18s. they are heavy ill tell you that much. but look sick. heres a pic of tires mounted minus the centercap. and the second pic shows how shiny they really are. i think when i weighed them with tires they weighed like 42lbs. hope this helps.

120506_14571.jpg

006blk_z-1.jpg

B12ucehuy

Reaction score
minituck04 said:
i just sold mine. i had them in 18s. they are heavy ill tell you that much. but look sick. heres a pic of tires mounted minus the centercap. and the second pic shows how shiny they really are. i think when i weighed them with tires they weighed like 42lbs. hope this helps.

120506_14571.jpg

006blk_z-1.jpg

:thumbsup:

Cool Thanks! Why did you get rid of them?

B12ucehuy

Reaction score
When you had the Sport Max was it harder for you to accelerate? Those are nice Rims how heavy are those?

theaccordian

Reaction score
without a doubt your car will accelerate slower than with stock wheels, mass being farther away from the hub and added weight will take more effort to spin your wheels, its physics.

minituck04

Reaction score
B12ucehuy said:
When you had the Sport Max was it harder for you to accelerate? Those are nice Rims how heavy are those?

had them for 5 min. sat them next to my car didnt like them. so i went back upstairs and ordered the set i have now. when they got here i pull the tires off and the wheels sat for a few weeks. but they were heavier than the ones i have now. and it accelerates slow. so im sure the 18s would have made me slower than i already am. bwahahahaha

Back