Engine / Performance

Stock!
2.3L VTEC 5 Speed Manual
Bought it with 80k miles on it
NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs

Suspension

Stock!
Front Strut Bar- Some unknown crap, might be replaced
Drop coming soon. Looking for a small drop for a DD, suggestions?

Interior

Sony Single DIN HeadUnit
Momo Shift Knob
2 x 10" Alpine Type S Subwoofers in Megahertz Ported Box
Ebay HoneyComb Subwoofer Grill
500W RMS Kenwood KAC-7252 (Powering Subs)
White LED step courtesy lights (Front doors only) (from SUPERBRIGHTLEDS)
WeatherTech Digital Fit Floor Mats - More pictures and my review HERE

Exterior / Cosmetics

OEM Sideskirts
*New* Matte Black Vinyl Wrapped Roof
TINT : 35% Front 17% Rear Windows
Plastidipped Honda and Accord logos (Black)
Film Tinted Tail Lights (Dark Smoke)
Triton V3 Corner LED Lights! My review HERE
13 SMD-LED Tower Inner Tail Lights (via SuperBrightLEDs)
LED License Plate Light
Honda Band-aid covering quite a nasty knick :talk-punch:
*New* "Save The Stick" decal on rear window
HID 5000k Headlights
*NEW* LED DRL Lights, 1W per LED, 6000k Xenon White

Picture Range From Newest To Oldest

Last edited:

agginline86

Reaction score
Re: KombatVirus's 2002 Sedan EX-L

good start

def get a lil lower
not a fan of the aftermarket tails, but i do like the LED strip in the lower grille
just keep making the car your own :)

you'll probably be told to go FF1s or FF2s, GC sleeves with Koni struts for suspension
I'm on Eibach Sportlines with OEM struts, works for me but others have blown the struts

any other plans?

Akingkhan

Reaction score

Your car has potential. Think of a theme you wanna go with & do it little by little.
Since your windows a are dark ssm & black would be good, check out the members rides threads & get some ideas. Good luck modding.

KombatVirus

Reaction score

good start

def get a lil lower
not a fan of the aftermarket tails, but i do like the LED strip in the lower grille
just keep making the car your own :)

you'll probably be told to go FF1s or FF2s, GC sleeves with Koni struts for suspension
I'm on Eibach Sportlines with OEM struts, works for me but others have blown the struts

any other plans?

I am replacing the LEDs in the lower grill with ones that look like the ones from the Mercedes Benz E-Class. They look better, the ones I have currently installed aren't too great and some are burning out.

I'm looking for a way to lower that will be purely cosmetic. How much of a drop would that be? I don't want any camber gets or to be super low, this car is my daily driver and I want it to be comfortable, but a bit lowered for cosmetic purposes.. how much of a drop would that be? And which way would be best going about it.

And I love my tails, cant stand the OEM ones

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

A good drop that will both look great and not cause any headaches is 2” I’d say. When I had Sportline springs paired with the Yellows, I put the front shock on the bottom perch and left the rear shock on the top perch, and I had an even drop (no boat look), and cleared all parking blocks/curbs. Not to mention quite comfortable. This setup looked decent and was easy to DD. Whatever setup you go with, you need to ensure you have a larger drop in front than rear.

Personally I’d pick up some Yellows and Ground Control coilover sleeves, you never know what you may want to do in the future. This way you’re prepared, which saves time and money.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score

Looks sharp. Ssm 5spd sedan ftw. Don't forget to account for what size tire you would like to run when figuring out your drop. I made this mistake and was unhappy with my ride quality until recently.

KombatVirus

Reaction score

A good drop that will both look great and not cause any headaches is 2” I’d say. When I had Sportline springs paired with the Yellows, I put the front shock on the bottom perch and left the rear shock on the top perch, and I had an even drop (no boat look), and cleared all parking blocks/curbs. Not to mention quite comfortable. This setup looked decent and was easy to DD. Whatever setup you go with, you need to ensure you have a larger drop in front than rear.

Personally I’d pick up some Yellows and Ground Control coilover sleeves, you never know what you may want to do in the future. This way you’re prepared, which saves time and money.

Thanks for the comments

I am not sure what tires I am going to run, most likely stock size ones and stock rims, however I dont know. I also agree that I might go with the coilovers for their adjustability, so I can fine tune and modify in the future should I wish. That should also safeguard me should I decide to get rims and tires in the future, thank you!

Looks sharp. Ssm 5spd sedan ftw. Don't forget to account for what size tire you would like to run when figuring out your drop. I made this mistake and was unhappy with my ride quality until recently.

Thank you for the input

Last edited:

KombatVirus

Reaction score

I am looking for peoples opinons!

I am looking to replace my current DRL LEDs. I was considering the "Hella Style" LEDS, or perhaps something else. I need opinions on GOOD, BRIGHT & RELIABLE DRL LED lights.

Forumites, Y U NO POST IN MY THREAD :yuno:

Last edited:

Jimsun

Reaction score
Re: KombatVirus's 2002 Sedan SSM 5sp EX-L UPDATED 15/8/13

I've seen this ssm with that LED strip around SCarborough area sometimes. Im not sure if it's you though.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: KombatVirus's 2002 Sedan SSM 5sp EX-L UPDATED 15/8/13

You're welcome to buy my Koni Yellow/Sportline suspension setup.

You said a mild/small drop, so not sure you want them if that is the case. They will lower the car about 2 inches.

I can have it off the car next week if you are interested.

Nothing blown, nothing leaking, and I have the receipt somewhere for the Yellows. With that, you should be able to take advantage of the lifetime warranty on the shocks.

All that aside, have you considered going with FF Type 1's?

Back