DSM Injectors/ Resistor box help =\

J30a_Gremlin

Reaction score
Hey all, I know its my first post but I really need help and i've searched as a guest to find nothing. I've found many threads stating wiring needed on the resistor box when using DSM injectors but haven't found a straight write up?
I found a link to sohchonda via the threads here that pointed to that link but it didn't do much because I can't seem to connect the dots in my mind.
I know how to solder but this is the first time having to put a resistor box in and I am lost beyond words.

I have the DSM 440 cc injectors (Fresh from RC after being tested), they are low impedance and I have a OBD conversion harness along with the OBD1 injector clips. Matching this to a P28 that is already chipped.

Work i've done already to help out....to show i'm not looking for a free ride

I have already soldered the OBD1 injector clips on and ensured the injectors I have are going to flow what they should.

The part i'm bewildered on is the Resistor box and how it fits into the picture.......i've found the signal wires from the ECU to one pin on the injector harness; Brown, red, blue and yellow (For inj 1,2,3,4 respectively).

I have traced the other wire on the injector harness to the junction plug found on the end of the harness and have made note of which pin each injector each goes to. (Wire Ends that terminate in a brown cap and go seemingly no where else).

That being said; I see the resistor box has (4) respective wires which go either to injectors or ecu signal line and then a red wire which i'm completely lost on. (One thread looks like the author made pins to go somewhere and one thread on a civic site said they go to power....im lost)

So how do I accomplish this task if someone could please help me......while we're on that too; this brown cap has some type of u-shaped link to 3 other pins, (Injectors all linked together and also tapping into another 3 circuits?)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
It is a tricky process, I would look up resistor box wiring on a honda forum.. I have a print-out somewhere, but no idea where. Sorry if that doesn't help much, but when I wired mine back in the day, I found the diagram on google by searching. I know one end of the wires needs to be bound together and spliced into the harness, the other end needs to go to each individual injector wire. My guess is the negative is the one that's all bundled together, and positive would be the one going to each individual injector. Sorry if that's confusing. Another thing you can search for is dead-end plug, ours is found underneath the intake manifold, with a weird cap on it. Kind of an ovalled-square in nature. I'm pretty sure that's the area you want to splice the box into. I ended up taking mine up from underneath the manifold so I could trace the individual injector wires, then tucking it back down.

J30a_Gremlin

Reaction score
It is a tricky process, I would look up resistor box wiring on a honda forum.. I have a print-out somewhere, but no idea where. Sorry if that doesn't help much, but when I wired mine back in the day, I found the diagram on google by searching. I know one end of the wires needs to be bound together and spliced into the harness, the other end needs to go to each individual injector wire. My guess is the negative is the one that's all bundled together, and positive would be the one going to each individual injector. Sorry if that's confusing. Another thing you can search for is dead-end plug, ours is found underneath the intake manifold, with a weird cap on it. Kind of an ovalled-square in nature. I'm pretty sure that's the area you want to splice the box into. I ended up taking mine up from underneath the manifold so I could trace the individual injector wires, then tucking it back down.

Hey Russian! Yea the dead-end plug is the one i'm talking about when i mention the junction plug.
I understand the part about needing to splice this resistor box in but i've just no idea which end where LOL.
A civic diagram showed to clip the injector wires running into the dead-end plug. Run all the injector ends that i found into the resistor box wires, run resistor box to 12v and then take all the ends from the dead-end plug and solder those together. I'm just not sure if that applies to our Accord (I have a 98) and if that will work. LOL

Brad2274

Reaction score
do you need a wiring diagram/color description or connector views/pinouts for the injectors or harness? ive got everything for the v6 accord

J30a_Gremlin

Reaction score
do you need a wiring diagram/color description or connector views/pinouts for the injectors or harness? ive got everything for the v6 accord

Hey Brad! Connector view or just general description.

I think I have it figured out. The dead-end plug seems to be connected to three other "pins" in that end cap. I looked at the schematic and it is linked to IGP2, Idle air and PGMFI Main relay. This makes me think that at key on the power is then given from the PGMFI Main relay to this dead-end plug which then distributes to the injectors and idle control system. (Correct?)

SO in thinking this, wouldn't it makes sense to then cut the wires leading out from the dead end plug (to injectors) and wire those into the resistor box power line (Single wire, red). Then take the remaining four lines coming out from the resistor box wires (4 of them, all black) and link those to the injector wires. (Correct?)

In this setup, We are keeping the signal wire in tact on the injector (From ecu) and then the wire supplying power to the injector is the one coming from the resistor box. This way when the ECU throws the ground signal (Signal line from ecu) it doesn't get a massive inflow of power and thus burning out the ecu?

Back