NH412L match

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Has anyone found a good match for the dark silver (NH412L) used on the OEM 01-02 coupe HVAC/window switch bezels? So far what I've found at auto stores and home depot is not close enough, and checking around before I go to Sherwin Williams and pay $25 for a rattle can.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Chris I found in my experiments for my console that spraying very, very light coats over a gloss black base until you get the level of silver you desire is one way to match that dark silver finish. It can be difficult to do with a rattle can, and I never found a silver that came out exactly the same.

Maybe your best bet is to get Sherwin Williams if the color matches the way you want. I know I spent more than $25 trying out different silvers.....

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Stopped by Sherwin Williams today, they said something happened within their company and they are currently not making any rattle cans. I don’t have a paint gun and even if I did I don’t have a compressor, soo….that’s out. I am going to call KOI and a couple other places and see if they can help me out.

Btw thanks Daniel.

Brad2274

Reaction score
i think i used krylon household silver metallic paint on my acura trim to try and match the oem stuff, looks alright but i think it needs a satin clear coat, might be a bit brighter than what you're looking for.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Because of the finish on it, I don't know that this will be very easy. I would think a regular clear will end up to shiney, a matte clear will be too dull. If it were me, I would just pick out a silver I liked and repaint all the parts you need to match.

You may want to check some local places for a rattle can. I can get mine done at a small chain auto body supply store and it's cheaper than larger companies. They could probably help you find the same color to get a better match too by going through all the color chips.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
KOI is going to mix up a can of this for me.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, hopefully the paint I get will be close if not dead on. Not sure about clears yet, I’ll see what it looks like without it first. It is going on a part that will be recessed into the dash and never touched.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score
Chris, is the paint going to be an acrylic enamel, or something like a single stage in a spray can (same as mixed for a car, but bottle in a bomb can)?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That’s a good question, I should have asked them more about what I’d be getting. IIRC the SW cans I got years ago were the color itself and a built in clear. This might be a similar deal. I’ll ask him when they call me back to let me know it’s ready.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Chris, is the paint going to be an acrylic enamel, or something like a single stage in a spray can (same as mixed for a car, but bottle in a bomb can)?

I can't speak for what Chris is getting but it should be the second, basically a single stage in a can. Not sure how similar it is but it smells the same. It has a lot more solvent that a regular enamel type spray when I get cans mixed. It is actually a lot nicer to deal with, easier to paint, goes on much thinner, and looks much nicer. Don't need to sand between coats if you are careful as well. Just saying that I love the stuff, hopefully Chris gets the same.

Back