So many decisions haha

jwl03

Reaction score
Man guys, I am stumped lately. I don't know what to do with my car anymore. I should be graduating college soon (within 1 or 1 1/2 years). However, I do not know what to do with my car then. Right now, I have around 46k miles (01 model - 4 cyl.) and everything is running great. I guess I have two options: Either I want to turbocharge the F23 (or H22 if I can afford that swap), or buy a new car in a few years. Or the third option: Keep the car and do nothing to it until it dies...but no fun ;)

If I turboed it, I would have to go through the trouble of installation. (I'm not that experienced with cars unfortunately) Then I would probably have to upgrade a lot of other parts of my car such as brakes, suspension, etc etc. Then I would also have to worry about jackass thieves stealing my car (hey it's a honda). Other than that, I really like my car. Bascially, I've done NOTHING to it (no rims, tailights, exhaust, intake, body kits etc) because I like it clean. The only thing I plan to do is either the turbo (all out), or nothing at all. It's a 5 speed and the only thing I don't like about it is it's a sedan. It may sound like a lot of money to tune (especially if the h22 swap is included), but I don't think it would even compare to buying a brand new wrx sti, or any decent new car out there.

If I bought a new car in a few years, I would have to first make sure my current car is payed off (it's loaned, not leased). However, most cars that I have been looking at start near 20k and more decent ones start at 30k$ or above. I seems much cheaper to just work on my car. I bought it for 13k, and it seems that even if I should buy a turbo bolt on, I would not have spent as much money (total) as buying a brand new v6 Accord. Also, buying a new car that's already turboed or supercharged doesn't seem as "fun" as learning how to work on your own car and watch it progress.

Man, so many decisions to think about, anyone else facing a similiar dilemma?

Muyo

Reaction score
I would do a nice drop on it first, and then turbo the F23.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
hhm.. i'll say do minor mods to ur current car... simple bolt-ons, drop, headlights.. then, don't do anything else to it... pay it off, then save up for a second car.... in abt 5 yrs, u can buy a 2nd car tht u really want, and modify as much as u want.. best thing is, u still have the trusty accord as a daily driver :D

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
somewhat. i have an 02 with like 71k miles on it or so. i had always wanted to turbo it, but last year or so I realized that as fast as I put miles on a turbo isn't probably the best thing for me. especially considering that by the time I probably cleared up enough cash to turbo it, the car would have like 80k+ miles on it and by then I think my money would be better spent on swapping in a lower-mileage h23 or k series if its possible, seeing how i'll be driving my car for at least another 3 years

acrod99

Reaction score
Hey-hate to say it, but i don't recommend turboing your own car, especially if you don't know much about forced induction. I got a Turbonetics FMAX kit-the best bolt-on availabe. It was rough, and now i'm tearing it off. If you do turbo, get it professionally installed and tuned. Just my .02

jwl03

Reaction score
thanks for all the input guys =)

i guess time will tell all heh

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i probably get the most enjoyment out of my coilovers, so i'd recommend spending some cash to get some nice suspension (and it doesn't hurt if you lower it at the same time to it looks nice :p )

after that would be my audio stuff. but that's a forever-ongoing project, so its not cheap.

Back