engine swap

xluben

Reaction score
i am very seriously considering swapping in a new(er) f23a in the next week or two.

i know a mechanic who would do the work, and he's looking for some engines right now.

i was wondering what else would be recommended to switch out at the same time?

clutch, electrical stuff, ect.

i'm sure he'll have recommendations, but i was wondering what you all thought....

btw, the car has 142k miles on it, probably not properly maintained considering all the problems i've been having (bought it less than a year ago).

and also, this mechanic hasn't actually taken a look at it yet, so he may be able to suggest a cheaper fix, but if it's anything to do with the head gasket, piston rings, scratched cylinder head, cracked block, ect. it will be swapped. i was planning on getting a new timing belt, and anything else major would probably push it over the edge, into getting a new motor.

xluben

Reaction score
how/what/why?

that's the computer system, right?

i don't plan on doing any "tuning" so is it really worth it?

DaAccord98

Reaction score
i u aint doing no tuning to the car....y bother swappin the engine...is the f23 u got now givin u bad problems?? if so wat r they?

Nemo619

Reaction score
even if your not doing any tunning to the engine, a swap to a new lower milaged f23 isn't a bad idea. if it isn't to expensive, i say go for it.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DaAccord98 said:
i u aint doing no tuning to the car....y bother swappin the engine...is the f23 u got now givin u bad problems?? if so wat r they?

why tune it when he's just swapping to another stock motor w/ less miles?

xluben

Reaction score
yep, my current engine is consuming a ton of oil, low gas mileage, etc. but it doesn't seem to be running all that bad.

i was looking to get a new timing belt and hopefully the oil consumption fixed, but if it's anything major to fix the consumption, i've decided it might be worth it to go for the lower mileage engine.

not swapping to go fast, just to have a drive-able car in a couple years :)

Back