01-02 sedan tail light conversion...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
so yeah, im not really feeling my tinted tails anymore (98 with upper part tinted). i got pulled over like 30 minutes after putting them on (over a month ago) but didnt get in trouble for them :D

i would buy some aftermarket red/clear 98-00 tails but i dont like how they fit or how goofy the red color looks.

anyway, i did some searching but came up with nothing. if i were to convert to 01-02 tails, id need to:
-extend turn signal/reverse wires
-drill new holes for mounting

neither of these are a huge deal, but heres what i need to know:
-are the bulb holders the same?
-is there any difference in the trunks...would the tails stick out or look goofy for some reason?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
but if id only need to drill some holes...

do they even make 01-02 DEP sedans? lol i think so but dont remember seeing any on the road.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
DEP sedans? Well I think you might be drilling some hefty sized holes for the bulb holders to go through?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
g87p dark emerald pearl...i know they came out with "nobel green" in 01 which is a little lighter...but dont know if they kept dep

drilling the holes wouldnt be too bad with like a 3/4" hole bit...but i dont know where they are in relation to anything else going on behind the metal.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
ryan s said:
g87p dark emerald pearl...i know they came out with "nobel green" in 01 which is a little lighter...but dont know if they kept dep

drilling the holes wouldnt be too bad with like a 3/4" hole bit...but i dont know where they are in relation to anything else going on behind the metal.
If you want I'll pull a taillight tomorrow and snap a few pictures?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
that would be awesome.

if a fellow 98-00er could help out with some pics id appreciate it. id do it but its snowing and cold :( and i could fix my bumper :mad:

Neight

Reaction score
Wait, !!!! the 01-02 lids are different than the 98-00's. There is a slight bump at the end of the 01-02 wile the 98 ones are flat. Kinda hard to describe, but if you look at a newer sedan, you will see it.

Back